2000 Pts. WPS Comped List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Pts. WPS Comped List

It looks like Adeptiocn is using WPS this year, so I am trying to make a list that will get me the full 25 comp points. In order to do this I need to have at least 5000 WPS points. This is what I came up with:

Scar Vet - CO - LA - Sword of Might - Maiming Shield

Scar Vet - Hide of the Cold One - BSB - GW - Shield

Scar Vet - LA - Burning Blade - Glyph Necklace - Shield

Skink Priest - 2 Scrolls

18 Saurus - Spears - FC

18 Saurus - Spears - FC

18 Saurus - spears - FC

10 Skinks Skirmish - Blowpipe

10 Skinks Skirmish - Blowpipe

5 Krox

6 Cold One Riders

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, new here, unfamilliar with the tournament scene, just wondering what WPS points are?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chickennappr View Post
    Hi, new here, unfamilliar with the tournament scene, just wondering what WPS points are?
    http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/2010/wpscomp.pdf

There is a link the the scoring system.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Looks good for the comp score you are going for. I would suggest switching the sword of might with the sword of battle though. And if it doesn't hurt much, I would drop a cold one and add a champ to the unit, and maybe a musician.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    Looks good for the comp score you are going for. I would suggest switching the sword of might with the sword of battle though. And if it doesn't hurt much, I would drop a cold one and add a champ to the unit, and maybe a musician.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    Actually, the CoR have FC, I just didn't put it down. The first unit of CoR are actually positive points as long as they have a banner, which is super sweet. I think Lizards can have a super strong "fluffy" army in the WPS system, but you have to take a lot of things you may not normally see.

Also, I edited this list two drop two Krox for a unit of 3 terradons. I just feel lame running without Terradons and 5 Krox is just too much. This does drop me one point on the Comp score. I could drop the Burning Blade to get that point back and give him the Battle Sword. I think I like the strength 6 more than the attack on the other saurus.

I got two battles against WoC today. The BSB with HotCO is awesome! I beat both lists. The first one had about 16 comp and the second one was closer to 20.

I am going to play a HE list this week that has an Archmage and Dragon Mage. It is only an 8 in WPS comp score, so I am a little worried about handling all of his magic. He has a couple BTs, as well as DPs with Banner of Sorcery and BSB with Battle banner!!! I hope my overwhelming numbers should be able to overcome all the magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
    I got two battles against WoC today. The BSB with HotCO is awesome! I beat both lists. The first one had about 16 comp and the second one was closer to 20.

I am going to play a HE list this week that has an Archmage and Dragon Mage. It is only an 8 in WPS comp score, so I am a little worried about handling all of his magic. He has a couple BTs, as well as DPs with Banner of Sorcery and BSB with Battle banner!!! I hope my overwhelming numbers should be able to overcome all the magic.
    Sry, is a lower number more beardy, or a higher number?
    The Land, The Lady, The Light.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r Shadow View Post
    Sry, is a lower number more beardy, or a higher number?
    A lower number is more "beardy".

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is correct. at the end of the tourney you will have 0-25 points added to your overall score, so you want that number to be higher, and they are not allowing anyone to bring a list that is negative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would consider knocking the saurus down to 16 strong so that a scar vet riding a cold one bumps the unit up to a 6x3 formation.

I like the hide of the cold one and great weapon combo but I wouldnt make him BSB. Sword of the hornet and a cold one would be my BSBs set up preference. Gives him and his unit some ASF protection.

Looking at the WPS comp restrictions I would try and fit the banner of chotec on your cold ones, I imagine there is alot of "normal" armies that have a bit of everything and so the cold ones may find themselves shot at.

If you have read the other thread about equipping scar vets (
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...r-vetaran.html (How to equip my scar vetaran?))
    you will read I am a huge advocate of piranha blade and enchanted shield on a cold one mounted scar vet.

I have wanted to try an old blood with jaguar charm and hide of the cold ones plus some other goodies, however I can see you dont want the comp hit for taking a lord.

I would perhaps swap a scroll for the diadem of power, I dislike playing against scrolls and dislike using them, especially in a heavily comped environment. Gauging the use of dispel dice is always more fun than saying "scroll".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments, I interjected my thoughts on your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kich View Post
    I would consider knocking the saurus down to 16 strong so that a scar vet riding a cold one bumps the unit up to a 6x3 formation.

Only one of my Scar Vets is riding a CO, and I have been running him with my CoR anyway. I like the flexibility of being able to switch my Scar Vets around depending on my opponent's deployment so if they are all 6x3 on their own I can put the scar vets wherever.

I like the hide of the cold one and great weapon combo but I wouldnt make him BSB. Sword of the hornet and a cold one would be my BSBs set up preference. Gives him and his unit some ASF protection.

ASF Protection? This guy has been an MVP so far. He took on a Demon Prince on his own and held him off, luckily he already had a few poison wounds.

Looking at the WPS comp restrictions I would try and fit the banner of chotec on your cold ones, I imagine there is alot of "normal" armies that have a bit of everything and so the cold ones may find themselves shot at.

I like this idea. I am not sure where I would cut points at though? They should get into combat fairly quickly though, and that will protect them.

If you have read the other thread about equipping scar vets (
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...r-vetaran.html (How to equip my scar vetaran?))
    you will read I am a huge advocate of piranha blade and enchanted shield on a cold one mounted scar vet.

I like that combo too. I have run the piranha blade with the bane head before, but it was mostly a psychological weapon.

I have wanted to try an old blood with jaguar charm and hide of the cold ones plus some other goodies, however I can see you dont want the comp hit for taking a lord.

Yeah, I am loving the +300 for no lord, as Scar Vets can take on lords I could get away with an Old Blood maybe, but the Slann is a lot of negative.

I would perhaps swap a scroll for the diadem of power, I dislike playing against scrolls and dislike using them, especially in a heavily comped environment. Gauging the use of dispel dice is always more fun than saying "scroll".

I like the Diadem too, even though it got nerfed this edition, but I really don't think it is worth taking on a level one and I don't want to spend 35 points to upgrade my priest to level two, which will also get my another power dice that won't do anything for my magic phase , but it will for make for a more negative comp score.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast