2000 Points Casual Play - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Points Casual Play

Lord
    Slann
    BSB
    Focus of Mystery
    Focused Rumination
    Dispell Scroll
    Wardrums of Xautec

Heroes
    Skink Priest
    Lvl 2
    Engine of the Gods
    Dispell Scroll

Scar Veteran
    Cold One
    Light Armor
    Enchanted Shield
    Piranha Blade

Core
    2(x10 Skink Skirmishers)

x20 Saurus
    Spears
    Full Cmd

x20 Temple Guard
    Full Cmd

x3 Terradons

x2 Salamanders
    both w/ extra handler

The plan is for the Scar Vet to go in the Saurus Warrior unit and to split up the two Salamanders into two separate units. The two units of skirmishers will be in front of the advancing Saurus to bait and flee. The Priest on his Stegadon will stay in the center to maximize the effectiveness of the 5+ ward save bubble. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks totaly fine as it is but there are a few tweaks you could do.

Drop the temple guard down to 14 strong to give them a 6x3 formation freeing up some points there.

The saurus only need to be 16 strong if the scar vet joins them for another 6x3 block.

2 scrolls is ok but becalming could be better, stopping irrisitables is funny for the lizzie player.

I dont think the wardrums are going to benefit the slann much, especially if you reduce the size of the temple guard unit. Those points could be invested elsewhere. I always enjoy using power stones on a slann, combined with rumination you can 3 dice a spell when all your opponents dispel dice have been used stop your earlier casting. This can be combined with a jaguar charmed scar vet, to find the points for Mr. Jag charm (124 basic and he is so worth it!) you could lose the sallies. I have only found sallies to be useful in an environment where you know there will be blocks of troops to make it easier to hit. They are fun to use though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trimming down the saurus units, taking the cheaper Jag-Vet, and removing the salamanders frees up a lot of points. What would you recommend taking in their stead? I'm thinking more terradons and a skrox unit. Your thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Squeeze in an ancient steg. If you can get a charge from the steg and scar vet with jag charm they can break alot of units. The ancients blowpipes can initmidate large high T targets and the steg can break cavalry units if he charges (try unseen lurker with powerstones, tihihihi you can first turn charge if they deploy 24" away) and the steg will hold a flank or units up if the slann gives him the BSB reroll.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by DeRailed_612 View Post
    Trimming down the saurus units, taking the cheaper Jag-Vet, and removing the salamanders frees up a lot of points. What would you recommend taking in their stead? I'm thinking more terradons and a skrox unit. Your thoughts?
    Keep the Salamanders!!!!! Seriously, the ability to cause panic tests almost at will, and the way they eat through armour makes them one of the most useful and powerful units availible to lizardmen.
    Your list is very solid. I'd only make a couple of changes, dropping the saurus down to 18, the temple guard down to 16, taking the champion off of both these units and changing the scar vet to have charm of the jaguar warrior and a great weapon. These extra points could get you 2 more salamanders. Maybe this is overkill, but they are just awesome. Or take becalming cogiation on you slann and add another unit of 3 terradons.
    Or you could on top of this drop the war drums and a unit of skinks for another 18 saurus with spears.
    Or... Or... Or... (shut up andre...)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DeRailed_612 View Post
    Lord
    Slann
    BSB
    Focus of Mystery
    Focused Rumination
    Dispell Scroll
    Wardrums of Xautec
    I think the wardrums are better on the engine than the slanns unit. I would transfer the scroll here, and maybe add another one.

Heroes
    Skink Priest
    Lvl 2
    Engine of the Gods
    Dispell Scroll

Scar Veteran
    Cold One
    Light Armor
    Enchanted Shield
    Piranha Blade

Core
    2(x10 Skink Skirmishers)

x20 Saurus
    Spears
    Full Cmd
    I think you could drop a couple here, along with command models if you wanted points for something else. Keep the champ, assuming the vet goes here.

x20 Temple Guard
    Full Cmd
    A little to big for my tastes. Fourteen to sixteen is usually sufficient. And again, command isn't absolutely essential.

x3 Terradons

x2 Salamanders
    both w/ extra handler
    I think you could easily free up enough points for another unit. Get some skinks, they can be really useful. Maybe more items for the slann or another discipline.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the JSOD instead of the mounted Vet and it worked pretty well, especially against gun lines. Thanks for the input everyone. One thing I did find was that the unit of Temple Guard was bigger than it had to be.

+ Reply to Thread