500 competative - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 500 competative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 competative

hello, i've been of the forum for a while, but a friend of me and i might go to a double tourne 500 points. he's playing skaven while i'm playing lizards, i know it might sound wrong. anyway, this is my list.

scar-veteran, light armour, shield, great weapon.

15 saurus warriors, full comm., spears

14 saurus warriors, standard, mus, spears

this is 495 points. my friend has clanrats and stormvermin, an engeneer, and a DOOMWEEL!! or something like that.

sounds fun to me. let me hear what you think

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list isn't that bad. The problem is your opponents list. A doomwheel on 500 points is very risky. It can kill both your units if he's lucky. If your lucky, it removes itself from play. I don't have that much experiance against the wheel, but in 3 games against the new stegadon I've seen it roll against a steamtank, killing himself, rolling against a building and getting charged by my stegadon.

This battle will depend on how he rolls for the machine

Oh! If you wish to counter his engeneer, take the mirrored shield. Keeps at least 1 of your units safe from warplightening.

I also don't take musiscians on my saurus because they will almost always rally.

HK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey thanks for the post, but i think you didn't understand it, no offense, but the skaven player will be my partner in the double tournement, if we're going. i thought of the mirror shield for once, normally i take an enchanted shield for him, but now i look at it, it's quite good. your opponent won't cast any magic missles on you anymore, and the first time he does his own unit will get damage.

thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I think I would drop the second unit of warriors. You seem to have plenty of ranked troops together. I would get some skinks, maybe some terradon riders, and would get the vet at least the glyph necklace. You really don't need command in the saurus, except for a champ to guard the vet.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread