2250 Lizardmen. Competetively Friendly ;P - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Lizardmen. Competetively Friendly ;P

Hey,

First time poster and just beggining Lizardmen, though I am one for skipping the 1000/ 1500 phases and going up to the bigger games. Although not my first army I'm finding Lizardmen to be noticeably.. different in nearly everyway to the dwarfs I am accustomed to. Just thought i'd run my army list by anyone kind enough to respond.. Hope my first attempt isn't too awful. =D

Lord Choice

1 Slann Mage-Priest
    -The Focused Ruination
    -Focus Of Mystery
    -Cupped Hands of the Old Ones
    -Battle Standard

Hero Choices

1 Skink Priest
    -Level 2 Upgrade
    -Engine of the Gods
    -Dispell Scroll

1 Skink Priest

-Level 2 Upgrade
    -Cloak of Feathers

1 Saurus Scar Veteran
    -Cold One
    -Light armour
    -Shield
    -Burning Blade of Chotec

Core Choices

10 Skink Skirmishers

10 Skink Skirmishers

18 Saurus Warriors
    -Spears
    -Standard Bearer

18 Saurus Warriors
    -Spears
    -Standard Bearer

Special Choices

12 Temple Guard
    -Standard Bearer
    -Champion
    -Musician
    -Saurus Scar Veteran in this unit

3 Terradon Riders

1 Stegadon

Total point cost - 2248
    Models on the board - 75 + 2 Stegadons
    Power Dice Generated - 11
    Dispell Dice Generated - 7 (+ 1 Scroll)

The general idea behind this army is to barrage the world with Magics and Stegadon-goodness. Using the Terradons to bomb war machines and stragglers, the Skinks as the poisonous, skirmishing meatshields the old ones clearly designed them to be and to generally play half competitvely with the members of my local Games Workshop. I personally think it is fair and beatable, but a nice force.

Personal preferences would be Metal/ Beasts for the Slann. Metal is obviously just lovely for killing high amoured things and eating away at battle standards and the like, but I really like beasts for the magical bolt thrower that can appear through my flying skink that just happens to be sat on the flank side of a unit of cavalry ^^... Though I am a newbie with magic so any advice on preffered lores would also be very welcome.

Any changes/ opinions would be warmly welcomed

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Thats a pretty solid list to be beginning with well done.
    Also, welcome to LO.
    I have a couple of suggestion that may get you more from your army. I'd drop the flying skink priest. Instead, i'd re-arrange the scar veteran to be on foot with charm of the jaguar warrior and a great weapon. With the points this saves, i'd bump up the temple guard to at least 15. I'd laos try to get becalming cogitation on the slann, its incredibly useful.
    Personal preference would see me drop the stegadon and a unit of skinks for two units of 2 salamanders. These guys are just awesome as their flames burn through armour and cause lots of panic tests.
    Beasts and metal are solid choices for your magic.

Anyway, good luck with lizardmen and lets us know how you get on.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I would drop all the unit standards and the temple guard musicians. I don't really like the cloak of feathers much either. Get a couple more temple guard, and an enchanted shield for the vet.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread