2250 Casual - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2250 Casual

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Casual

Slann
    BSB
    Focus of Mystery
    Focused Rumination
    Soul of Stone

Priest
    lvl 2
    x2 Dispell Scroll
    EotG

Scar Vet
    Light Armor
    Enchanted Shield
    Great Weapon
    Charm of Jaguar Warrior

x19 Warriors
    Full Command
    Spears

x16 Temple Guard
    Std Bearer, Warbanner

x10 Skink Skirmishers
    x10 Skink Skirmishers
    140 (for both)

Stegadon

x5 Calvary
    Full Command
    Huanchi's Totem

x3 Terradons

Total: 2244

The plan is to blast away with magic while steadily advancing the saurus blocks. The free power dice from focused rumination are really great, but I'm worried about miscasts so I opted for the soul of stone as insurance against miscasts. The "jaguar scar vet" is great against gunlines and for popping the occasional chariot or lone character. If my opponent remembers to save dice/scrolls to dispell the jaguar charm, they consequently let more of the Slann/Priest magic through. In my last game, with a list similar to this, I forced my Beastmen opponent into combat earlier then he wanted because his low armor troops couldn't weather the barrage of magic missiles. The calvary and the regular stegadon will be positioned on either flank to act as hammers. I gave the Huanchi standard to the calvary unit because I like the insurance it gives-I can declare a charge knowing I might be an inch or two out of range without worry. The skirmishers and terradons are there to threaten low armor units, march block, bait and flee, etc. Any suggestions to improve the list and/or my strategy?

Much appreciated,

DeRailed_612

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Things I think you need more of. Another cold one rider, more magic defense in the way of dispel scrolls or what I really like is the plaque of dominion. The becalming cogitation is a good option as well.

Things you can get rid of. The command models on the warriors and cold one riders. You could shave a couple temple guard off, as well as a warrior. The warbanner isn't really necessary for lizardmen, as even if you lose, you are stubborn with a reroll for the temple guard, and a lot of times you want the opponent to stick around for the stegadon flank charge.

As for the stategy, I would hang back and make him come to you. Sit in your deployment zone and magic him to death, forcing him to advance across the field. If he has too much shooting, especially warmachines, you may have to go and get him, but normally he will be forced to come to you.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, here's the revised list:

Super Slann
    BSB
    Focus of Mystery
    Focused Rumination
    Soul of Stone
    Becalming Cogitation (in my case it's better than the plaque of dominion b/c my opponents would be testing for stupidity on LD9!)

Priest
    lvl 2
    x2 Dispell Scroll
    EotG

Scar Vet
    Light Armor
    Enchanted Shield
    Great Weapon
    Charm of Jaguar Warrior

x18 Warriors
    Full Command
    Spears
    *one less warrior, still with FC b/c I want static combat res from the banner and a champion in case the scar vet happens to be in the unit and is challenged. Is the command really that worthless? I understand that the Temple Guard, because they are stubborn, don't need the static res bonus, but what about the warriors? Is it common for players to put the EotG in a saurus block to impart onto the unit the stegadon's ITP and stubborn (and terror)? I could see the advantage, especially since you could deny a challenge with the priest, forfieting the S6 attacks from the ancient, of course. Along that same tangent, would the engine still be able to generate its "effects" if it wasn't in the front rank?

x14 Temple Guard

x10 Skink Skirmishers
    x10 Skink Skirmishers
    140 (for both)

Stegadon

x6 Calvary
    std-huanchi's
    musician

x3 Terradons

Total: 2226
    Any ideas what to do with the remaining 24 points? I was thinking about just adding two more warriors.
    Last edited by DeRailed_612; December 3rd, 2009 at 07:15.

+ Reply to Thread