2250 competative Lizardmen list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 competative Lizardmen list

So I'm new to Lizardmen but definitely not warhammer. I've been playing Orcs and Goblins for a few years now and thought it was time to move to a more competative army. My local game shop is a competative enviornment so I'd like to make a killer list, but not super cheese because if my opponent isn't having fun then neither am I. That being said here is my 2250 list:

Lord:

Slann: 410
    (BSB, Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Cupped hands of the old ones, Bane head)

Heroes:

Skink Priest: 405
    (Lvl 2, EOTG, Plaque of Topek)

Skink Priest: 415
    (Lvl 2, EOTG, Dispel Scroll)

Saurus Scar-Vet: 124
    (LA, Shield, GW, Jaguar Charm)

Core:

x18 Saurus Warriors: 222
    (Spears, Musician)

x10 Skink Skirmishers: 70

Special:

x16 Temple Guard: 291
    (Full command)

x3 Terradon riders: 90

Rare:

x1 Salamander: 80
    (extra handler)

I haven't had a chance to try it out, but I feel that it could do very well.

Opinions and critisism welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Very good list, very similar to the ones I run. You will be competative against pretty much any army with this. People may complain about having 3 lord level casters though...
    Only change i'd make it to swap out a unit of skinks for another salamander, their ability to eat through heavily armoured troops and cause panic tests is hard to beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback! Ya the 3 lord level casters may get me a few complaints but the way I see it, 2 of these wizards are using a (what I think at least) sub par lore (heavens).

If I did take out a skink unit for another slamander, would you recommend running them as a unit fo 2 or as 2 units of 1? And if it is better for separate units, are the exra handlers worth the small point upgrade because if so I would need to find an extra 10 points to get that for my second sallie.

Thanks again and keep the advise comming!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Yeah, heavens is a bit of a mixed bag, you should get a couple of the lightning spells between them though and they are very useful. As for salamanders, i've never been one to buy the extra handler, so I reckon you'll be fine without them, particularly if you run them in a pair. You could always drop the unecessary champion from the temple guard unit to get the extra handlers if you really want them. I think a unit of two would be preferable to two units of one. It gives them far more reliability to get their job done an I reckon its better to achieve one objective properly than do a half job on two.

Looking at the list, what might make it more scary and give you more options is to swap out one of the engines for a normal stegadon and a unit of 5 saurus cavalry. But it would need trying out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Looks like a nice list. But as was mentioned, 2 engines could be frowned upon. It isn't the lore of heavens that people look at. Its the 2 burning alignments a turn that will get you sideways glances. But if your group is really competitive, then go for it.

For the sallies, I recommend 2 separate units with extra handlers. Rather have two chances for panicking different units than just one. And you can use a unit as a bait unit without giving away too many points. Extra handlers are really necessary if you are running them separately, if in a unit of 2, none are required.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been looking at a few other lizardmen lists and I have seen a mixed bag as far as command for units goes. I'm perfectly happy only having musician on my warriors but with the temple guard, are champions frequently used? I ask this because it is the only thing I can find in this list that is easily dropped to make points for the salamander with extra crew.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Personally I never use a champ in the temple guard.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been getting a lot of sideways glances when I tell people that I plan to run a 2250 list with 2 EOTG so I got to thinking and I may have come up with an alternative. I really like the concept of big creatures so I definitely want 2 stegadons in my army, but what if I took one of the engines out and replaced it with a skink chief on an ancient stegadon with the war spear? I feel that this could still be good without having people complain about a "cheesy" list. My only concern is that without that 3rd caster, I am down 2 dispel dice and a good caster so it hurts me on both offence and defence. Would my magic still be good enough with only 2 casters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I get Flack for my 1 EOTG 1 Slann list, 2 EOTGS is definatly considered OTT in my area. It's not just the 2 level 3s its the double burning alighinments, the twin terror causers and two T6 monsters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after facing a lizardmen player with my orcs, I saw how vicious my list would truely be. I faced an army with a slann, one EOTG, and one ancient steg and it was a pretty rough list so I am definitely going to drop one engine and replace it with a skink cheif on an ancient with the warspear. Like I said befire, I like to make competative lists but also like for my oponent to have fun and I see now that they would not have fun vs 2 engines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast