2000 point tournament list, needs critisism - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point tournament list, needs critisism

I've got a non comped tournament coming up on the 20th and I need a solid list, this is what I thought up:

Lord:

Slann:485
    (focus of mystery, focused rumination, becalming cogitation, cupped hands, bane head, power stone, BS

Heroes:

Skink Priest: 435
    (Lvl 2, EotG, plaque of tepok, dispel scroll)

Scar vet: 124
    (LA, Shields, GW, jaguar charm)

Core:

x12 saurus warriors: 150
    (musician, spears)

x10 skink skirmishers: 70

x10 skink skirmishers: 70

Speical:

x16 temple guard: 295
    (standard bearer, warbanner)

x4 terradons: 120

x3 Kroxigors: 165

Rare:

x1 salamander: 80
    (extra handler)

total: 1989

C+C welcome, thanks!

Last edited by Samick; February 11th, 2010 at 03:11.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Hi, I would recommend dropping the kroxigor, a terradon, the musician on the saurus, and the power stone off the slann...then add a unit of 6 cold ones or a regular stegadon. If i ran with the cold ones i would also drop 2 models off the TG unit, and beef up the regular saurus a little, this would also give you enough spare points for the musician again if needed.

-Hope this helps-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you recommend saurus cav over krox? I am playing a rather defensive list so I don't really see the extra movement as a plus I really just need a good counter charger and krox seem like they could do that job. Although I haven't tried out the krox yet so I could be totally wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

If we are talking tournament play, the only reason i favour the cavalry is for their AS and single wound profile.
    I just feel multiple wound targets are seen as more of a threat, and with their lower AS are going to go alot easier and earlier then the cavalry models.
    If the krox had come standard with T5 or S5 then i would have no problem with your selection, but as they stand i feel they are just going to drop too easy.

-This is ofcourse just my opinion, others may say different-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YA, T5 or S5 would be very nice, but even if they do seem a threat that could work to my advantage. If someone if wasting shooting/magic on my 9 wound 165 point unit then they aren't at my firing TG or EoTG. But I see what you are saying and I will have to play test both options before making a decision.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I like the character setup. But I think the saurus unit is too small. I also would drop the kroxigors. They just aren't as effective as they used to be. I really don't think the temple guard need a warbanner either.

But first off I would off the krox and play around with some points for other units.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, so if I take the krox out, what would you suggest I put in? should I go for another hammer unit or just beef up the saurus unit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

I feel you desperately need that second hammer unit, whether it another steg or the cold ones. That being said you should increase the saurus unit size before allocating points elswhere, as you want to try and keep them at atleast 12 by the time the enemy charges, allowing for the most possible return attacks. As I have said previously 16-18 should do the trick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried out a unit of 5 cold one cavalry vs. Dwarfs yesterday and they single-handedly won me the game! I love 'em. The only way I can see myself bulking up my saurus warrior unit is by dropping my salamander but I don't really want to do that. I'll playtest them a few more times as I have a week before the tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the double post, but sadly I just found out that my LGS didn't get my temple guard in on time so I am going to have to run a lone slann list. I am taking out the cold ones and temple guard and adding in another EotG. Any other thoughts about changing my list to make one centered around a lone slann?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast