Welcome to Librarium Online!
this list is what i probably will be playing. I think the army is balanced, but i will be playing mostly against skaven and Vampires ina friendly, albeit competetive enviroment. I want critique and also the good stuff. But first there are things, that i do not want to edit:
i want to have a slann
a Scar-vet (mounted or on foot)
a Skink Priest
if you come with some new suggestions to army comp, consider that i have not got oceans of money atm (and this list is what i probably will have the money to buy + and i can convert miniatures)
Slann Mage Priest: The Focused Rumination, Higher State of Conciousness, Cupped hands of the old ones, glyph necklace
Skink priest: ancient stegadon with EotG. Dispel scroll, Diadem of Power
Scar-Veteran: cold one, light armour, Enchanted Shield, Burning Blade of Chotec
20 Saurus Warriors Spears, SB
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers
5 Chameleon Skinks
7 Cold One Riders SB (Huanchi's Blessed Totem) and Champion
10 Temple Guard Full Command
Salamander Hunting Pack
Last edited by Kail; March 18th, 2010 at 19:04.
Few notes from what I've picked up around here and elsewhere as ideas... people can feel free to correct me as well:
- Your priest you list as having a diadem of power, but no level 2 upgrade. Without the upgrade, you don't have 2 power dice to move to your dispel pool (just the 1) so its not as effective an item as it could be.
- For your scar vet, I'd almost consider trying to squeeze in the mirror shield.
- Temple guard, I'm assuming will have the slann attached, in which case I believe 16 is the ideal number as the slann counts as 2x2 units in the rank and file which would give you 4 full ranks of 5 but dropping that down a rank would mean you'd want to go to 11 I think to get 3 full ranks.
- With your hunting pack, it'd be good to add the extra skink handler just so you can survive a misfire (it can kill 3 handlers potentially off one misfire, so having 4 is nice)
- As a way to save some points, consider your warrior block at 18, and run it 6x3 without a standard bearer.
i did not see that about the diadem, thanks . (my friend has my the general warhammer rulebook atm). Then i will probably choose another item for the skink. But i have 2 saurus warriors in rest from the battalion i will buy if i minimize my saurus unit But i think i will buy the extra temple guards i need - and i will add an extra handler. I am first going to revise my list though after some more help (so i can add things up)
The slann does not need the glyph necklace as he comes with a 4+ ward already, i would swap higher state for focus of mystery as he should remain safe in the TG unit. Caeldan's advice is good, but the EotG lets the priest generate 1 additional power and dispel dice, so therefore giving him 2 power dice to transfer if needs be, although i would drop the diadem, up him to lvl 2 and perhaps take the plaque of tepok, just to go all out magic offence. Temple gaurd are most effective when run between 14-16 as this keeps their points low but still offers you a decent punch and escort for your slann. You really only need to run the cold ones in a 1x6 formation to be at their most effective, and i guess this is where your scar-vet lives so a unit of 5, with or without champ and standard would be fine. If you have any spare points after all of this i reccomend adding another salamander, or at the very least (as Caeldan mentioned) get an extra handler.