<1000 Expanding to 1000 points... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expanding to 1000 points...

So my previous list was a 750 point army to get my feet wet and is very skink heavy. I think I'm getting the hang of it, and looking to expand to 1000 points to play in some more games around my area...
    So where I'm at now (750)
    Skink Chief (general) on Teradon
    - Light armour, Shield, Javelin, Sacred Stegadon Helm
    Skink Priest
    - Lv2, Plaque of Tepok, Blood Statuette of Spite
    Skink Priest
    - Rod of Storm
    10 Skink Skirmishers
    10 Skink Skirmishers
    5 Chameleon Skinks
    3 Teradon Riders
    1 Salamander Pack
    - Extra handler

Where I'm thinking of going (1000)
    Saurus ScarVet on ColdOne
    - Light armour, Burning Blade, Maiming Shield
    Skink Priest
    - Lv2, Plaque of Tepok, Diadem of Power
    18 Saurus Warriors- Musician? (1004 with this)
    15 Skink Skirmishers
    15 Skink Skirmishers
    6 Chameleon Skinks
    4 Teradon Riders
    1 Salamander Pack
    - Extra Handler

So basically...to go from what I have to what I want, I can get everything from a batallion box now (cheapest way to upgrade!), and do so by dropping my extra priest in the low level army (he really is only good for adding an extra dispel dice and buffing reroll 1's on a skirmisher unit), and basically downgrading my teradon unit to 4 standard teradons instead of teradon plus chief. I then add a scarvet on a cold one to give some oomph and leadership, a warrior unit so I have an anvil and increase the size of my shooting units to increase their effectiveness.

This also allows me to scale the army further in the future by pretty much just picking up one more warrior regiment box, followed by a stegadon, then a slann (and possibly a temple guard box). So it helps with laying a groundwork for further expansion to tournament sized armies.

Last edited by Caeldan; March 30th, 2010 at 04:54.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

The only thing i would change on the 1000pt list is: take the plaque off the priest as he will be used for magic defence only, changing the plaque to a scroll. You can find the extra points for the scroll by exchanging the maiming shield on the vet for the enchanted shield, this should also help him survive longer.

-Hope-This-Helps-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you about the priest - I'm sorta debating going middle of the road, and this way if I go up against a magic heavy army I basically have 4 dispel dice a round to use or against a magic-light army hopefully I've got either thunderbolt or lightning from my extra spell and can cast a couple attacks a round.

Though if I went with the dispel scroll.. I could also make room by changing around the list a bit and getting some more chameleon skinks since I do have the special slots available. It'd just mean picking up an extra blister of chameleons (basically drop a group of skirmishers, and then add a unit of 7 chameleons... I'd lose 1 shot per round, but have a second scout unit which is harder to shoot down). Changing around the kitting of the scarvet though does make more sense so I don't end up with a ton of extra chameleons in the end that I'll pretty much never use.

+ Reply to Thread