<1000 750 All skink. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 750 All skink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 All skink.

Trying out an all skink army for a bit of doubles action. I realise it might not be an ideal list but feel free to comment on it.

HQ:

Skink Priest 115
    Level 2
    Plaque of Tepok

Skink Chief 107
    Vemon of the firefly frog
    Blowpipe
    Light armour
    Shield
    Terradon

Terradon riders x7 220
    Brave

Skirmishers x10 76
    Brave

Skirmishers x10 76
    Brave

Skirmishers x10 76
    Brave

Skirmishers x10 76
    Brave

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/general-discussions/21066-160-ways-annoy-your-foe.html<----Click here for funny stuff, I SAID CLICK HERE SOLDIER!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the teradon riders, I'd suggest breaking it up into a unit of 3 and unit of 4 if you were wanting to run that many. 8 total teradons in one unit (assuming you've attached your chief) would be a bit unwieldy to move around the field.

I'd say though that a single unit of 3, plus the chief attached is sufficient. Also the teradon brave is not worth the point cost.

Then consider adding in a salamander for its panic tests - the problem with going entirely skirmishers and teradons for your army is that anything with a bit of armour is going to pretty much ignore you since your entire attack is based in the shooting phase. Fast cavalry will also be able to catch up to your skirmishers and take them out, same with magic missiles from your opponents casters.

If you check my 750 point list, I've also built up an all-skink list - and tried it a few times... and I think the salamander is definitely a required part of the army, though I know some people have their preference for razordons as well.

Now you did say that this is for doubles, so if your partner is providing the hammer and anvils - and you're basically just providing the shooting phase then I'd go back to saying just separate your teradons into two separate units to increase their mobility as well as providing you a second option to drop rocks with (remember all teradons in a unit drop rocks at the same time). Though I'd consider some camo skinks over regular skink troops - just because the scouts provide the ability to march block as well as the increased ballistic skill can allow them to multi shot more often than a standard skirmisher unit will be able to. Also the braves would be where I'd start dropping points.

Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

This is how i would run it:

HQ:

Skink Priest - 125
    Level 2
    Dispel Scroll/Diadem of Power - (I would recommend going for magic defence, as a single skink priest will not do enough damage to be considered offensive)

Skink Chief - 120
    Vemon of the firefly frog
    Blowpipe
    Light armour
    Enchanted Shield - (For a little more survivability)
    Terradon

Terradon riders x3 - 90 - (As Caeldan pointed out they are most effective and easier to manouvre in units of 3-5)

Terradon riders x4 - 120

Skirmishers x10 - 70 - (Braves are just not worth the points)

Skirmishers x10 - 70

Skirmishers x10 - 70

Salamnader - 80 - (A must at small point games, allows good armour penetration, and can send the enemy running early)
    -Extra Handler

+ Reply to Thread