Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Im new to the site and after many years of "awaytime" from Warhammer Fantasy I have once again thrown myself into the jungle of nasty lizards and magical comets. So I´m ofcourse curious to see what you guys can "teach" an old rat, hmm I guess "slann" is a better word of choice here. After many speculations and list alterings I've ended up with this.
Before you read it I would remind you that I dislike cheesy and my beard is fairly short as I like to build lists who can stand up most well written AS-Systems - Now you may continue.
Glyph of Tepok (+5 wardsave).
Blade of Revered Tzunki (+1S, No AS).
- My Kick as Genereal to punch the most things down, and some of the harder stuff.
+1 magic level.
Diadem of Power.
- My schwiz knife for multi roles, such as magical boosting protection and handing out a descent amount of damage in hth.
Cube of Darkness.
- Always nice with extra spell and dispell dice, and the cube to kill one round of magic completely.
18 Saurus Warriors.
18 Saurus Warriors.
- Two core units who can dish out some pain and stand against most enemies.
12 Skinks Skirmisher.
13 Skinks Skirmisher.
- Anti WM and Dragon units, and boardcontrol.
4 Terradons Riders.
- anti wm and skirmisher unit incl boardcontrol and a nice amount of damage for one round.
6 Cold Ones.
- Another fast hammer, less powerfull then my lord my still a hard fist to take hits from.
- Another light Hammer for those chariots and under stuff coming there way. Otherwise nice backup for the Saurus units - Just love the Fear.
List total (should be) 2248p.
The list is build to work pretty straight forward. Get to the enemy fast, stop their shooting and magic and kill them off, one ranke at a time.
I did consider 2 units of skink skirmisher instead of the kroxigors, but I like the models so they get a chance. And 2 skink units more might be abit too cheesy.
Im hoping the Ancient will provide enough help for the saurus warriors during the shooting fase. And I do hope my two priests is enough to kill off the magic fase to some extend. As I see these two things as my biggest disadvantage - Hard to cover it all well enough.
No need for a BSB in this list, as it find it too expensive and overkill when I already got 3 dices for LD-tests. And if I deploy in a well-planned out way Im sure the BSB will not be missed.
And now, your turn. I would love some constructive feedback, good as well as bad, now do your worst. Thanks.
Last edited by Dinesen; March 31st, 2010 at 09:36.
First comment would be that the individual point breakdown is actually against board rules due to GW IP rules and such (that's basically what it is they protect the most as its the primary reason to buy the armybooks).
Second, I've found that people generally advise against full command on warrior units - typically just the musician is enough.
I'd also aim to get the skirmisher units up above 15 a piece, just for the extra oomph when shooting things down.
As far as your extra priest is concerned, he does provide an extra dispel die - but that extra spell is likely just going to be portent of far. Offhand I believe there's only 3 spells that can be cast with a single power dice in heavens (portent of far, second sign of amul and forked lightning). It's a decent spell, but I wouldn't necessarily spend the points for it - though giving it the cube of darkness does provide a nice little trick for a casting phase. But I'd consider it more of a 100 point gimmick than a staple.
Taking into account that you dislike beardy lists here a few things i would change:
- Would swap the blade of revered tzunki for the burning blade of chotec, and strap on the enchanted shield (as this will give you 5 S5 attacks at -4 to AS, a 1+ AS, 5+ ward, and the ability to deal with regenerating foes and ethereal alike)
- Would swap the Cube for another 2 scrolls (although the cube is a great item, it will "according to the law of averages" only pay off every second battle, just meaning the scrolls will be a more reliable source of anti-magic. But i would definately try it against VC and DE.)
- Would take the champs out of the Saurus Warrior units (although it is good to see someone using command models, it is just better to have an extra body then to have a champ.... trying not to be beardy here, bare with me...)
- Would consider Huanchis totem as appose to the warbanner on the cold ones (i feel that ensuring the charge is more beneficial then +1 CR)
In all i like this list, something different, something fun, and should compete quite nicely.
Oh and Kroxigor are only S6 now, with their great weapons so be aware that chariot busting is not as easy as it used to be.
And thanks for the heads up on the cube, as I actully thought it would always end the magicfase but only cancelout remain in play spells on a 4+.
Im not sure on the +1 body instead of champion, mostly what would you do against a challenge then? I mean, he get the chance to slaughter your unit instead of just the champion - Just sounds like a good reason to me for keeping him, or am I missing something in the greater picture?
I am aware of the S6 on the Kroxigors, but I'm just hoping they will help scare peope off, and do some damage, if they are not shot down before they reach hth.
Thanks for the input, I'm looking forward for your next post.