<2000 1999 Casual - Named Hero Req. Vs. DE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1999 Casual - Named Hero Req. Vs. DE

Heroes:
    Gor-Rok (Join Saurus)

Tetto'Eko (Join Skinks)

Skink Chief (Join Terradons)
    Terradon, LA, Enchanted Shield, Javelins, Burning Blade of Chotec

Skink Priest
    EoG, Plaque of Tepok, War Drum

Core:
    Saurus Warriors X 23
    Full Command, Spears

Skink Skirmishers X 10

Skinks x 10 (Tetto-Eko)

Special:
    Terradon Riders X3

Cold One Cavalry x 5
    Standard, Musician

Rare:
    Razordons x 3
    Extra Handlers

Total 1996

Notes:
    This is supposed to be a fun game. Both are required to try to run a named hero and something we have not ran before. For me that is Razordons, Gor-Rok, Tetto-Eko (both a little overpriced IMO) and Skink Chief on Terradon. I'm actually expecting very little magic - so hopefully that will be my advantage. Too hero heavy?

Probably facing Malus Darkblade in a block of 10 or so cold ones (which have routed whole blocks of my saurus on the charge in the past) with the banner that gives them D3 to combat res. Hoping to burn them away with Uranon's and Burning Alignment. Gor-rok will hopefully survive any charges and give the saurus stubborn. Razordons will hopefully harrass and take down ranks of Black guard and Corsairs - never run them before but it seems their 12" range blows.

Question: Are saves from Razordons barbs at a -1? It says "As Normal" but does that mean that "normal" is with a -1 for a S 4 wound?

Last edited by Andrinor; April 8th, 2010 at 16:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the skink chief joining the teradons... I'd suggest possibly giving him either a stegadon helm to bump him up to 8 leadership to make feigned flight an effective tactic for frenzy baiting, or else the staff of the lost sun and then either an enchanted shield or talisman of protection (depending if you want a ward save or better armor save for him). I don't expect that the teradons will get into close combat much as they're not that effective of a melee unit. Their strength is in dancing around and hitting things from about 8" away (short range for the staff so you'll get off your multi shots no problem).

Tetto Eko reads like a character who'd be fun to try out in a game or two, and Gor Roq also sounds interesting... I wonder if his special rule on his shield about negating any charge benefits apply to the unit he's attached to? And while musing out loud here - I wonder if that'd negate the special rules on Bretonnian charges with Lance formation.

As far as the 'as normal' rule, that's how I'd interpret it as well. I believe its listed that way as Salamanders have a -3 armor save listed on their attack.
    Last edited by Caeldan; April 6th, 2010 at 23:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking that with the enchanted shield and BBoC, the Skink Chief would be pretty killy against Bolt Thrower crews or a Cold One chariot or something. But, if I wanted that, I'd probably be better off with the Flying Scarvet. We gave each other a tease of our lists - which is good and bad because now we aren't changing anything we revealed. So, I'm stuck using the Skink Chief on the Terradon. I might leave him with the BBoC because I will be facing a War Hydra and he is probably my best (though not a very good) answer to that. But, I've always wanted to run one with the Laser Beam Staff.

Gor-rok's ability of negating charge bonuses does not apply to his whole unit, which is crap. He might be worth his points cost other wise. He should still be fun though, if the Cold Ones don't wipe him and the saurus out. Tetto'Eko seems fun but he is somewhat just a crappy slann with only Lore of the Heavens. To make his LoS be as a Large Target you have to put him in a 50 pt. unit, which really bumps him up to 305 points, which is crazy for a Lvl 2 spellcaster. But I think his redeploy ability is an unmeasurable bonus. There could be games where moving a unit or two wins the match. I'll try him.

Changes to the list: Dropped a Skink and changed the Dispell Scroll to the War Drums - I found out I'm facing zero magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... against a war hydra I think the general consenus is either a large amount of blowpipes (multiple skink chameleon or skirmisher units in high qty), or else an old blood with a blade of realities for killing blow.

As far as warmachine crews go - the movement/shooting phase will take care of those with your teradons - just fly over top and drop rocks.... followed by sticking them with javelins if necessary (drop rocks is resolved during the movement phase, treated as a shooting attack otherwise... with 4-12 attacks from drop rocks followed by 4 (or 6 if you take the laser staff) shooting attacks - you should get the crew, even with randomisation.
    The same strategy could be applied to the hydra I believe (not sure on the stats of the hydra handlers, as far as how tough they are), and then hope the dice aren't with him when he's forced to make the monster check.
    It's just you'd need to decide which unit you're going to drop rocks on.

With Gor-Rok... the rule wording states that he is counted as always defending an obstacle, and anyone wishing to attack him lose benefits of charging. Is there a FAQ somewhere that explicitly states that if he's attached to a unit, the rule doesn't apply for the whole unit? Because by charging his unit, you're attacking him... or what's the rule lawyering argument against this being applied across a unit he's attached to?

+ Reply to Thread