<3000 2500 Combat list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

2500 Combat list

Hi, I finally bought myself a carnosaur so I thought i'd put a list together to see what people thought. Its a bit of a crossroads for me here as I've played so few games with Lizardmen without a Slann. Anyway, here goes.

Oldblood - 466
    - Carnosaur, Light armour, shield, Blade of revered Tzunki, Glyph necklace
    This seems like the best combination of items to me, a good mix of offensive power and protection. What other combinations have people found that work?

Skink Chief - 405
    - Ancient stegadon, Battle Standard Bearer, Stegadon warspear
    The BSB will hopefully keep the army around longer given the lack of a Slann

Skink Pries - 440
    - Ancient stegadon with Engine of the gods, Level 2, Diadem of Power, Dispel scroll
    standard magic defensive setup

18 Saurus Warriors - 234
    - Spears, standard, Musician

18 Saurus Warriors - 234
    - Spears, Standard, Musician

10 skink skirmishers - XXX

Im looking at the models, apparently a Carnosaur is not a large target, but stegadons are. (the carnosaur is taller!!!) This means one of these skink units can reliably screen my oldblood and cold ones .

6 Saurus cavalry - 255
    - Standard, Huanchi's blessed totem
    Oldblood will join these guys to give him a larger charge range and possibly get the jump on unsuspecting faster enemy cavalry

3 terradons - XXX

Salamander - XXX
    - extra handler

Salamander - XXX
    - extra handler

Total: 2494

I think i've covered all the bases with this list. I've solid magic defense, a fair bit of shooting and very powerful close combat. Where could it be tweaked/what do people think would be more effective?

Thanks,
    Andre

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b"h
    Is there any reason not to take a skink skirmisher brave for one of their units with your last 6 points? or give your skink chief an additional hand weapon?
    If you can use this 6 points, then you should use them.

If I want a heavy fighting then sometimes I take a skink chief with "skavenpelt banner" in one of my saurus units, you must be carefull with the frenzy but another attack for each saurus is great.

Generaly it look like a nice list.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Oldblood - 466
    - Carnosaur, Light armour, shield, Blade of revered Tzunki, Glyph necklace
    I think the blade is a little redundant. You have a S7 D3 wound causer. I don't think you need the blade. Give him a spear, and the venom of the firefly frog, and get an enchanted shield and you should be fine. Keep the necklace.

Skink Chief - 405
    - Ancient stegadon, Battle Standard Bearer, Stegadon warspear
    I really liked this guy when the book first came out, but have found him wanting in the games I have played with him. Like the BSB though.

Skink Pries - 440
    - Ancient stegadon with Engine of the gods, Level 2, Diadem of Power, Dispel scroll
    Very good.

18 Saurus Warriors - 234
    - Spears, standard, Musician

18 Saurus Warriors - 234
    - Spears, Standard, Musician

Core is good.

6 Saurus cavalry - 255
    - Standard, Huanchi's blessed totem
    If the lord goes here, you will want a champ.

3 terradons - XXX

Salamander - XXX
    - extra handler

Salamander - XXX
    - extra handler
    I would try to add in a scroll caddy for more magic defense. Really nice and cheap.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you cant have a battle standard bearer and warspear on the one ancient stegadon

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceann Fine View Post
    you cant have a battle standard bearer and warspear on the one ancient stegadon
    Why not. No rule against it that I can see.

SirKently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your the battle standard bearer you cannot take any other magical items its in the heros section of the army book

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

The battle standard isn't a "magic item." As long as he doesn't have a magical standard, he is still allowed his magic item allotment. So this setup is just fine.

SirKently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your right i thought he was giving it a magic item, my fault

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by super sorcerer View Post
    b"h
    If I want a heavy fighting then sometimes I take a skink chief with "skavenpelt banner" in one of my saurus units, you must be carefull with the frenzy but another attack for each saurus is great.

Generaly it look like a nice list.
    I was thinking about trying this once - but then I realized one major issue with this... Chief charge range is 12", Saurus is 8".... you'd have to be very careful to make sure that you don't end up with a unit between 8-12" of your warrior unit and in LOS of the chief, as frenzy rules state that a character must charge out of the unit if he can make the charge and the unit can't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the old blood kit - here's a couple thoughts...
    if you wanted to just have a way to break through armor on a character... burning blade will accomplish that almost as well with its additional -2AS (and kills regen saves, or doubles damage against flammables... though high elf dragon armor will stop it) along with carnosaur attacks. This could save you back a bunch of points, and allow you to take an enchanted shield plus an extra item (war drums, bane head, blood statue, etc).

Or if you wanted to max your attacks to deal with horde units, go with the scimitar, maiming shield and talisman of protection....

If you expected to deal with monsters like hydras and dragons... blade of realities and enchanted shield are a nice combo.

+ Reply to Thread