<2000 Defenders of the Temple-City of Ixtl-Coatl - 2000 point Tournament Lizzies sans Slaan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defenders of the Temple-City of Ixtl-Coatl - 2000 point Tournament Lizzies sans Slaan

The lizardmen have always appealed to me. It was the first army I used (in the old 5th Edition boxed set), I loved the Mesoamerican imagery, and I mean...come on...DINOSAURS

I don't like the models for the saurus though - I think they look much too skinny and snake-like. I love the Stegadon model, though from the side it looks a bit chubby it's a fantastically multi-leveled sculpt and looks like it just wants to ruin everyone's day (which it's very good at). I also hate the Terradon models (especially the new ones) but I plan to put Gargoyle wings on some Skinks and say that they are members of a particularly odd Sacred Spawning. The Carnosaur is a *******' T-Rex. Need I say more?

Anyway, here's a list I came up with. I would like to go to tournaments with it, and would like to win as many games as possible.

----

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur with Light Armor, Shield, Blade of Revered Tzunki and Carnosaur Pendant - 456
    Skink Priest with Dispel Scroll and Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods - 380
    Skink Chief on Ancient Stegadon with Stegadon War Spear - 340

20 Skink Skirmishers - 140
    10 Skink Skirmishers - 70

3 Terradons - 90

2 Salamanders with extra handler - 155
    3 Razordons - 225

Total: 1996

----

The Strategy

Use the Carnosaur/Old Blood Team to stomp around and scare the pants off of everyone, to take out big nasties (6 WS 6 S 6 Attacks with no armor save + 5 WS 3 S 7 Attacks that become d3 wounds. Ouch!) and to break units with the help of either stegadon or one of the larger skink units. The 10-man skink unit will screen him.

The Stegadons will hide behind the big Skink units, the Salamanders and Razordons will guard the flanks, and the Terradons will mage-snipe, warmachine hunt, harass, or march-block. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyGhostly View Post
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur with Light Armor, Shield, Blade of Revered Tzunki and Carnosaur Pendant - 456
    First off, the carnosaur pendant is redundant. As soon as the carno goes nuts, the oldblood will follow. And I don't think you need the blade. With all the wounds that the carno can dish out, the oldblood really doesn't need it. I would just take a spear, and I like the venom of the firefly frog also.

Skink Priest with Dispel Scroll and Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods - 380
    A second scroll or the diadem of power would be nice.

Skink Chief on Ancient Stegadon with Stegadon War Spear - 340
    I used this guy at first, but don't really like him much any more. Too hard to get off enough charges to make it worth the points.

10 Skink Skirmishers - 70
    I think 20 is a little too unwieldy. If you want to use that many, I would go with 5 units of 10, but personally three units of ten would be my preference.

3 Terradons - 90
    Terradons are nice.

2 Salamanders with extra handler - 155
    3 Razordons - 225
    Not impressed by any of our rares to tell the truth. But you have a good number.
    Total: 1996

----
    Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread