<1000 8th - Lizardmen [1000] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8th - Lizardmen [1000]

Heros

Saurus-Scar Veteran [161]
    Armour of Destiny, Great Weapon, Cold One

Core

Saurus Warriors x18 [210]
    Standard Bearer

Saurus Warriors x18 [210]
    Standard Bearer

Special

Chameleon Skinks x8 [96]

Kroxigor x3 [165]

Rare

Salamander Hunting Pack x2 [155]
    Extra Handler x1

I will be facing Warriors of Chaos or Tomb Kings.

Deployment

Saurus Warriors front and center. Scar-Vet in one of the units to start.

Salamanders and Kroxigor on the flanks.

Skinks 12" from enemy.

Tactics

I could not find the "Great Weapon [Mounted]" rule in the 8th rulebook, which means that the Scar-Vet will be wielding 4 str 7 attacks with a 1+ armour save and a 4+ ward save. Don't forget his mount will attack too. Stupidity we all know is pretty hard to fail with cold blooded. I didn't even bother with a Champion to accept challenges. This guy was born to punish Chaos heros and troops.

I did not take spears because I would start loosing attacks the moment I lost a single model. The extra parry save would go father given my opponent.

Now that Chameleon Skinks can be 12" from the enemy on turn 1, I am looking at 16 blowdart attacks every single turn (2 ranks of 4 models). If he actually diverts forces towards them, it will probably be more than they are worth. No matter what spin you put on it, they are win/win for their points.

I had wanted to make the Kroxigor 6 strong. At this points level, that many points in a single unit that doesn't include a character is just unbalanced.

I don't think I need to explain the Sallies with extra food.

Even if he does field the Tomb Kings, I will reach him in 2 turns most likely. I will have plenty of troops to smash any skeletons to pieces, while the skinks make his wizards hide.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Looks like a fine list. I would split the sallies into two units. And I don't think the krox will perform that well for you, or that the chams are necessary. Skink skirmishers are almost as good as chams now, so I would stick with them, as scouting isn't what it used to be. If you want krox, get at least six.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list I ended up going with was very similar. Changes were as follows: I switched the Chameleons for a pack of 10x Skirmishers. The Kroxigor for a block of 12 Temple Guard. I split the salamanders.

Couple notes on performance. My opponent was in fact Warriors of Chaos. He had.... 12 Warriors with a Sorcerer. 6 Knights. 40 Marauders.

His sorcerer was pretty harsh, had Tzeench spells, whatever the last spell was ate usually 7-12 models each turn in the first 2 turns. He lucked out and didn't get miscasts on his 6 dice rolls every time. I was never able to dispell anything the whole game. Regardless one of my saurus blocks was pretty weak standing, and my temple guard were cut in half.

The skinks and salamander followed his knights through rivers and such (they fortunatly didnt get into combat) skinks didnt kill anything, the salamander killed 1 knight. My other salamander got 1 nice shot off on marauders but otherwise did nothing.

In a gutsy move to get his sorcerer in combat, my scar-vet charged out of my block of decimated saurus and got into combat with his unit of warriors and sorcerer. His marauders charged into my saurus, and were pretty much destroyed by any that I had remaining. (still 1 solid fresh unit).

My scar-vet challenged, killed his champion. Challenged next turn, killed his sorcerer. And then made his warriors flee in next turn of combat (beat them by 2 combat resolution, he failed his leadership). caught them with scar-vet. I did not expect to still see a scar-vet able to kill entire units on his own in 8th.

At the end of turn 4, I had avoided his knights the enitre game, and destroyed the rest of his army, which reduced him to 1 fortitude (blood and glory).
    Last edited by Selendrile; July 16th, 2010 at 11:04.

+ Reply to Thread