<2000 8th - Lizardmen [1500] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

8th - Lizardmen [1500]

Lords | 24%

Slann Mage-Priest [360]
    The Focused Rumination, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones,
    Plaque of Tepok, Battle Standard Bearer, Lore of Light

Heros | 25%

Skink Priest [375]
    Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods, Power Stone

Core | 28%

Saurus Warriors x18 [210]
    Standard Bearer

Saurus Warriors x18 [210]
    Standard Bearer

Special | 23%

Temple Guard x14 [248]
    Standard Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame

Chameleon Skinks x8 [96]

Rare | 0%

The design of this army is simple. A simple battle line filled out with various saurus that are extremly hard to kill.

12" range mass augment spells available in Lore of Light.
    Engine of the Gods ranged attack ward saves on the entire battle line.
    Battle Standard Bearer, Cold Blooded, Slanns leadership makes failing leadership rolls impossible, even when outnumbered 2 to 1 (which in this list they most likely will be).

The enemy is forced to come to close combat. When they do this, giving my saurus 1 extra attack each, always strikes first, and weapon skill 10 (if I get both spells) is just funny. If they don't close to close combat, well, slann wins there too.

I have an opponent whose favorite army right now is Dark Elves, and I suspect he will like hunting my slann with Hydras. Which explains that cheap banner on my Temple Guard. My other opponent is Warriors of Chaos, and he will suffer from the same disadvantage in troop numbers as I do.

Chameleons are there for possible Bolt Throwers, and just being annoying little... well, skinks. It's what they do best.

Once we move up in points, you would find more saurus added to the blocks, switching the plaque of tepok for focus of mystery, and some salamanders would be in order too. Maybe give the Temple Guard the armor piercing banner instead of flaming. Skink Priest lv2.

Any suggestions or comments, as always, greatly appriciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

4 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

First issue, you can't have both the cupped hands and the plaque of tepok. Only one arcane item per mage.

I think that regular skinks could handle most of what the chams are doing. Just too expensive at this level for chams. Use magic to deal with warmachines.

Good luck,
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread