<3000 Two different 2250 armies for 8th Edition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two different 2250 armies for 8th Edition

Hi everybody, I have been looking at everyone's comments concerning how the new rules will affect lizardmen and have written up two different lists. Please let me know what you think of them. I am leaning towards the one with the salamanders. Also I am planning on using the Lore of Life, I can see getting a good use out of all those spells. Thank you for any advice.

Lizardmen: 2250 Point Army List

Lord:
    Slann-Mage Priest, The Focused Rumination, The Becoming Cognition, Focus of Mystery, BSB (War Banner), Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, Dispel Scroll

Hero:
    Skink Priest, Level One, Engine of the Gods, Plaque of Tepok, Iron Curse Icon, Luck Stone
    Scar-Vet, Light Armor, Shield of the Mirrored Pool, Sword of Striking

Core:
    35 Saurus Warriors, Musician, Standard, Spears

11 Skink Skirmishers
    10 Skink Skirmishers

Special:
    19 Temple Guard, Full Command (Jaguar Standard)

Rare:
    Ancient Stegadon

Total = 2245

Lizardmen: 2250 Point Army List

Lord:
    Slann-Mage Priest, The Focused Rumination, The Becoming Cognition, Focus of Mystery, BSB (War Banner), Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, Dispel Scroll

Hero:
    Skink Priest, Level One, Engine of the Gods, Plaque of Tepok, Iron Curse Icon, Luck Stone
    Scar-Vet, Light Armor, Shield, Sword of Striking, Ruby Ring of Ruin

Core:
    24 Saurus Warriors, Full Command, Spears

24 Saurus Warriors, Full Command, Spears
    10 Skink Skirmishers

Special:
    20 Temple Guard, Musician, Standard (Jaguar Standard)

Rare:
    1 Salamander, Extra Crewman
    1 Salamander, Extra Crewman

Total = 2250

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Go for list number two. And your slann can't have two arcane items. Dispel scrolls aren't an exception in this edition. And I am not a big fan of the warbanner for him. Find something, anything, that is better. I really like the razor banner.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for pointing out the arcane items and dispel scrolls. I will experiment with some banners and see what works. I have just always found the warbanner useful because it means I always start with +3 combat res through my banners and combined with the jaguar standard lets me break and overrun usually anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One note: your saurus scar-veteran can't have the shield of the mirrored pool and the sword of striking. Those together are over 50 points. Although the new rule book shows the sword of striking having a lower points value than in the Lizardmen army book, the Games Workshop FAQs state that if the points are listed in both the rule book and the army book, you must use the points given in the army book.
    Ruby Ring of Ruin plus the Sword of Striking does work though.

+ Reply to Thread