<3000 2250pt Lizards 8th - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

2250pt Lizards 8th

Slann
    . . . . Focus of Mystery
    . . . . Focused Rumination
    . . . . Cupped hands of the old ones
    . . . . BSB

Scar Veteran
    . . . . Cold one
    . . . . Light Armour
    . . . . Enchanted Shield
    . . . . Great Weapon
    . . . . Glyph Necklace

38x Saurus Warriors
    . . . . Full Command

10x Skink Skirmishes
    10x Skink Skirmishes

6x Kroxigor

16x Temple Gaurd
    . . . . Full Command
    . . . . War Banner

3x Salamanders
    . . . . Extra Handler

3x Salamanders
    . . . . Extra Handler

=2250pts

Need criticism, having not a chance to look at the new BRB i have no idea of the new items or what they do, so please bare with this list straight from the army book and give me some feedback, thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

I like it on the whole, Its a very solid set up.
    Just a couple of things on the characters i'd change:
    - the best save you can get is 1+ this edition, so no need for enchanted shield.
    - I'd try to get becalming cogitation on your slann. I know 6s leads to miscasts, but there are some really horrible anti Initiative spells out there now (Purple sun, Pit of shades...) that can totally ruin your day. You really need to be able to stop these.
    To acommodate this i'd drop a single salamander. I know they are up there with the best units in the game right now, but 5 is plenty. Use the spare points to add a couple more temple guard.

Final question is which lore will your slann be taking? you have to write it in your army lists now. Im still very undecided which lore to take. Particularly as the new faq has ruled out transformation of kadon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

howdy just one thing i would like to add about te sallys 2 units of 3 is nice but splitting them up into 6 single units is loads and loads better i ran 4 single units in a 3000 point game vrs dwarfs and they are awsome

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by elordan View Post
    howdy just one thing i would like to add about te sallys 2 units of 3 is nice but splitting them up into 6 single units is loads and loads better i ran 4 single units in a 3000 point game vrs dwarfs and they are awsome
    Can't do that, as at 2250 you can have a max of 2 of the same rare.

As for the list, I would get a couple more kroxigors for that unit. I would either drop a sally from each unit, or lower the warriors. Why do you have the warriors so big anyway, what is the plan there.

Also, you have to list the slanns lore in this edition.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops yep your right my bad in that case 2 units of 2 then and add 2 more kroxigor with the points saved, also i prefer the armour piercing banner on the temple guard WB is good but i think is most usefull on cav these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b"h
    If you go for a horde of saurus warriors you better take 40 of them (since even 4th rank will attack).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just played a game today against High Elves and with Lore of Life on my Slann and he did absolutely amazing. My temple guard became toughness 8 with 4+ regen and did 2d6 strength 3 hits every magic phase. I would def recommend lore of life and drop cupped hands for some something else, maybe some more TG to make the 20, since life also lets you reroll miscasts on a 2+.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by raptor8610 View Post
    I would def recommend lore of life and drop cupped hands for some something else, maybe some more TG to make the 20, since life also lets you reroll miscasts on a 2+.
    Only if your opponent doesn't dispel it. Relying on a spell to prevent miscasts can be problematic.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread