>3000 3000 lizardmen list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000 lizardmen list

Hi everybody, this is my first attempt at a 3k list since 8th came out. I have had a lot of success with my 2250 point list and I simply added to it. Please let me know what you think.

Lizardmen: 3000 Point Army List

Lord:
    Slann-Mage Priest, The Focused Rumination, The Becoming Cognition, Focus of Mystery, Divine, Plaque of Protection, BSB (Razor Standard)(Lore of Life)
    Old-Blood, Sword of Bloodshed, Glittering Scales, Shield, Opal Amulet

Hero:
    Skink Priest, Level One, Engine of the Gods, Dispel Scroll, Luckstone
    Scar-Vet, Light Armor, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Striking, Iron Curse Icon, Dragon Bane Gem

Core:
    24 Saurus Warriors, Full Command, Spears
    10 Skink Skirmishers, Javelins and Shields

Special:
    20 Temple Guard, Full Command (Jaguar Standard, Champion with Burning Blade of Chotec)

Rare:
    2 Salamanders, Extra Crewmen
    2 Salamanders, Extra Crewmen

Total =3000

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I would get the priest the dawnstone over the luckstone. Not really a fan of the jaquar standard either, but that is just my preference. And I know infantry is king in this edition, but 4 blocks of saurus seems a little high to me. And why no cupped hands of the old ones for the slann?

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main reason for the no Cupped Hands is because it saves 45 points and I will be rolling for Throne of Vines which should help me with miscasts. I know it is not guaranteed, but I would rather attempt that then spend the points. What would you recommend in place of the 4th saurus block?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Anything really. More skinks, some terradons, a baby steg. Even Gor-Rok may be worth considering.

SirKently

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What, no stegs? Stegadons are great this edition i expected them to get nerfed but they just got better. Not only do stegs get d6+1 impact hits but they get their attacks and on top of it all the gain thunderstomp, also a bolt thrower never hurts, I would maybe drop a unit of saurus and toss one in a s sir kently menchened. Im not liking the engine this edition because both the skink priest and the steg get hit by a cannon ball i find that too many points too have shot down by a single cannon but thats just me.

Billy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do like stegs, but the main reason I only have the one is because 2 of my main opponents use a dwarf and empire gun line. The dwarf player has 2 cannon, 2 grudge throwers, 2 bolt throwers, 30 thunderers, 2 organ guns, and the anvil. The empire player has 2 steam tanks, 3 cannons, 2 helblasters, 36 handgunners, some mortars and probably a rocket battery. I dont see the steg surviving very long.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes but atleast the steg is soaking up fire nicely because it will be tough to knock it out. I feel for you though the armies that you face most often, dreadful, why so much shooting

Billy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

In theory you can lore of life your stegadon up to T10 with a 4+ regen. Easier to pull off vs Empire...good luck vs Dwarves...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorfang View Post
    In theory you can lore of life your stegadon up to T10 with a 4+ regen. Easier to pull off vs Empire...good luck vs Dwarves...
    I can see the toughness 10, but how would you get the 4+ regen?

SirKently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That regen spell for life only affects the unit the wizard is in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast