<3000 3000 pts, new to lizards, all comers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000 pts, new to lizards, all comers

So here it is, im new to lizards and I think that this would be a fun list to paint and to play. I'm going for a Good/bad theme or Life/shadow or death...

Lords 750
    Slann, Focus of Mystery, The Focused Rumination, Lore of Life, Dispell Scroll, General (using normal Slann model)

Slann, Focus of Mystery, The Focused Rumination, Soul of Stone, Lore of Shadows, BSB (using the Kroak model)

Heroes 380
    Skink Chief, Ancient Stegadon, Stegadon Warspear

Core 908
    44 Skinks, Musician, Banner, 4 Kroxigors
    44 Skinks, Musician, Banner, 4 Kroxigors

Special 710
    20 Temple Guard, Full Command (painted light and bright, with General)
    20 Temple Guard, Full Command (painted dark and mat, with BS

Rare 240
    3 Packs of Razordons, 3 extra skinks

Total 2988

I think it will also be nice to be able to use smoke and mirrors with my BSB, allowing him to get closer to where he is needed, wont make a huge difference most of the time but when it does it will be awesome.

Also decreasing strength with Shadows, then casting Dwellers below with life will be great

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Not a big fan of the skink/krox units. Skinks just die to fast. I would drop at least one of those units for something else. I would get the cupped hands for one of the slann. And add something that can keep up with the chief to aid him in combat. After the initial hit, he will get slowly whittled away unless he has some help. And skinks aren't it.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input.

I am having a really hard time with the Initiative 1 of the Warriors, not only with striking last in combat (not a really huge deal) but all the spells that force initiative checks that scare the crap out of me.

I know that I shouldn't rely on Lore of Life to keep the skinks tough and alive, and lore of shadow to keep the enemy weak

The monetary cost and the look and feel of the models is almost as big of a factor as gameplay. The warriors cost less but don't look as cool on the table as the skinks with the big Kroxigor in the middle of the unit. I think they look awesome.

so I am really torn between the two skinks or warriors.

My second list has two units of 40 Warriors with full command. instead of of the skink units and the dispell scroll from my general slann

any additional thoughts on the matter would be much appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread