>3000 3k, No Slann - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3k, No Slann

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

3k, No Slann

OK, here is my list without a slann.

Lords:

Oldblood: Shield (General)
    Magic: Sword of Anti-Heroes, Armour of Destiny

Oldblood: Cold One
    Magic: Blade of Realities, Potion of Speed, Charmed Shield

Oldblood: Cold One, Shield, Great Weapon
    Magic: Talisman of Preservation, Carnosaur Pendant

Heroes:

Scar-Vet: BSB, Shield
    Magic: Hide of the Cold Ones

Chief: Shield
    Magic: Obsidian Loadstone, Ironcurse Icon

Priest: Level 1
    Magic: Dispel Scroll

Priest: Level 1
    Magic: Cube of Darkness

Priest: Level 2
    Magic: Diadem of Power

Core:

Warriors: 42 w/FC
    Warriors: 24
    Skinks: 19

Special:

Cold One Riders: 6 w/FC
    Magic: Huanchi's Blessed Totem

Cold One Riders: 6 w/SB, Musician
    Magic: Razor Banner

Rare:

Salamanders: 2
    Salamanders: 1 w/extra handler

So the general, BSB, and chief go in the large unit of warriors. The oldblood with the great weapon goes with the razor banner for 6 str7 attacks with -5 to AS. The other lord goes with the other unit of cold ones to hopefully get an early charge on some low leadership monsters etc.

I will put a couple priests with the skinks which will hold back deep in my deployment zone, keeping up just enough for there augment/hex spells to affect any combat the warriors get in. The priest with the scroll can go with the smaller group of warriors, use his scroll quick, then die.

That is the plan anyway, which of course, falls apart as soon as the parties engage in combat.

Any insights from others?
    SirKently

I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

common dude. your better than this

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by slann-o-engine-eo View Post
    common dude. your better than this
    I take it you don't like it. Can you expound upon that thought.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first focal point for me was the size of the Cold one units. They are dangerously small and will bounce off or die to attrition fights very easily. They are also easy points to shooting and magic.

If you are going to keep the Cold One's then drop 2 Skink Priest. I would just keep the diadem of power one. Drop the Skink Chief altogether unless you want to consider an Ancient Stegadon for him. Or up the single priest to EOTG. Either will work better/

Putting some of those new points into more Saurus Warriors for the smaller block or even the bigger block would also be a good investment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drpieceofme View Post
    The first focal point for me was the size of the Cold one units. They are dangerously small and will bounce off or die to attrition fights very easily. They are also easy points to shooting and magic.

If you are going to keep the Cold One's then drop 2 Skink Priest. I would just keep the diadem of power one. Drop the Skink Chief altogether unless you want to consider an Ancient Stegadon for him. Or up the single priest to EOTG. Either will work better/

Putting some of those new points into more Saurus Warriors for the smaller block or even the bigger block would also be a good investment.
    I have to agree. I would run the Calvary in units of 2x5 if you want it to be a good, resilient hammer. That being said, if you're just having them smash into the flank of units tied up with your vast Warrior unit than 6 (7 with Old) should be plenty. I haven't experimented with large, horde-style units yet but I think I would prefer several smaller units. 24 is about the most I would want in a unit, but like I said, I haven't "gone horde" yet.

+ Reply to Thread