Lizardmen 2k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lizardmen 2k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Characters:750

2th Generation Slann w/ Plaque of Tepok & Battle Standard Bearer 500

2 Skink preists w/ 1 Dispell Scroll 250

Core:1003

2x10 Skinks w/ Javelins 120

10 Skinks w/ Scout & Blowpipes 70

2x20 Saurus Warriors w/ Full Command 540

14 Temple Gaurd w/ Full Command 273

Special:249

3 Kroxigors 174

5 Chameolin Skinks 75

3 Blocks of saurus troops,fully ranked,30 skinks,kroxigors,and a 2nd gen slann. That pretty much sums it up. Not sure how it will do,but im going to test it out this weekend,since i want to get all my dwarves painted before i feild them again,playing with bases wasnt too fun. So tell me what you think!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks ok, but I would take larger skink units, unless your planning on keeping them within 12" from the slann. units of 10 break way to easily.

I'm kinda missing some salamanders also.
    Maybe you could reduce the warriors to 16 and use those points to add a unit of sallies? I think it would improve stability in the army, in the sense that it will be more applicable to more kinds of opponents...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Abbadon@Sep 22 2004, 22:32
    [snapback]217771[/snapback]
    It doesn't make sense to upgrade the Slann to Battle Standard Bearer and one of the Temple Guards to Standard Bearer. That's the only fault that I see. The rest is personal taste.

"2 Skink preists w/ 1 Dispell Scroll 250" probably means 2 level 2 Skink Priests with 1 Dispell Scroll each. I wouldn't upgrade the priests and spent the saved points to buy the Divine Plaque of Protection and the Bane Head for the Slann.

Just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO the chamelion skinks are not worth it. rather spend the points else where, like another *bigger) skink unit or magic items for a scar vet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Army lists belong in the army list subforum located in each army forum.

~MOVED~
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    It doesn't make sense to upgrade the Slann to Battle Standard Bearer and one of the Temple Guards to Standard Bearer. That's the only fault that I see.
    Why doesn't it make sense?

Also, I think the Saurus units should be kept at 20 strong.

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbadon View Post
    Characters:750

Core:1003

2x10 Skinks w/ Javelins 120

10 Skinks w/ Scout & Blowpipes 70

2x20 Saurus Warriors w/ Full Command 540

Special:249

3 Kroxigors 174

5 Chameolin Skinks 75

3 Blocks of saurus troops,fully ranked,30 skinks,kroxigors,and a 2nd gen slann. That pretty much sums it up. Not sure how it will do,but im going to test it out this weekend,since i want to get all my dwarves painted before i feild them again,playing with bases wasnt too fun. So tell me what you think!
    hey Abaddon, just a few pointers here which could help, your Temple Guard unit looks like it could use a few more models so boost them to a unit of 16 for that additional rank; it could proove desicisive in the later stages of the game, though this is just a suggestion you could drop one of the skink priests and give both of the scrolls to the slann (he won't be killed so easily:shifty: ) plus it'll make some use of his telepathy special rule, dropping one of the big saurus units or reducing it to 15 to create space for a couple more units of 10 skinks when couple with the points left from the dropped skink priest (small skink units rock, no matter what anyone says) or use the points to enlarge another unit, that'll be fine too because as i see it your slow saurus units will need all the skirmish screens that it can get against enemy shooting just long enough to get them into combat.
    although you're ten points short, for another unit you could drop the scouts ability for the other scouting skinks unit, because you already got one as through my experience one's more than enough to slow down march moves and reduce a unit or two if your lucky.

you might need some more heavy hitters in there somewhere maybe SCOR or more kroxigors? either way the list looks pretty solid to me, and they're suggestions so you don't have to follow them if you don't want to

-Kai-Itza-

+ Reply to Thread