<3000 2000 Lizards - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 Lizards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

2000 Lizards

Alright, so after several games of 8th edition, I'm starting to find a good medium for my army since it was robbed of it's skinks. 8th has also, very fortunately, toned down my army list and now I work with a much more balanced criteria. So here's my go

Slann - 500
    -Plaque of Protection
    -Cupped Hands
    -Focus of Rumination
    -Focus of Mystery
    -Becalming Cognition
    -Higher State of Conciousness

Skink Priest - 430
    Engine of the Gods
    -Level 2
    -Cube of Darkness

Saurus Warriors (20 ) - 270
    -Full Command
    -Spears

Saurus Warriors (20 ) - 270
    -Full Command
    -Spears

Chameleon Skinks (6)

Salamanders (3) - 225

Salamanders (3) - 225

Chameleon skinks are just filler. With the popularity of larger blocks of infantry being run in every army, I've decided to take it a step further and take out the best block killing unit in the game, Salamanders. I've run this list a couple times already and it's proven fairly well against Vampire Counts, Skaven and Warriors of Chaos. Any thoughts from anyone who's played more games?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As awesome as an Engine of the Gods is, BSBs are huge now. You're ONE skink priest hero is already 430 points alone. Why not get a Scar-Vet hero BSB, or even make your Slann a BSB, and then get another block of infantry, or perhaps cut out a few Salamanders and get some Temple Guard? I think in the long run the Stegadon is going to be a "SHOOT ME NOW!" target, and he'll end up dying quickly. As the way it goes, you really only have 2 blocks of close combat. I know Salamanders aren't too bad, but you get no rank bonus, standard bearer, etc.

It's up to you though. It actually isn't that bad of a list. The salamders in truth are going to really tear up almost anything with their shooting, which is pretty sweet haha. With such a small force though, I would really want a BSB.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I agree with Valten about dropping the engine and getting a BSB. If you are going to run spears on your warriors, you really need bigger units. Personally, I would drop the spears and get bigger units.

As for your slann, are you running him solo, or in a unit of saurus. And what lore are you using? Using becalming on a slow moving slann can be problematic, as faster wizards can just move out of the way once they realize you have it. If running him solo, giving him some magic resistance item could help out.

Anyway, good luck with the list,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread