<2000 1500 Lizards; Fun and unusual - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Lizards; Fun and unusual

1 Saurus Oldblood @ 241.0 Pts
    General; Shield
    Hide of the Cold Ones
    Sword of Strife

19 Temple Guard @ 343.0 Pts
    Halberd; Light Armour; Shield; Standard
    War Banner

30 Saurus Warriors @ 378.0 Pts
    Spear; Shield; Standard; Musician

2 Razordon Hunting Packs @ 150.0 Pts

6 Skink Handlers

5 Chameleon Skinks @ 60.0 Pts
    Blowpipe

6 Kroxigors @ 330.0 Pts
    Great Weapon

Models in Army: 69

Total Army Cost: 1502.0

So, this is my attempt at something different.

The main line will be held by my oldblood and his templars.
    The oldblood is stupid, but since the TG have a BSB he gets to reroll LD tests, and with coldblood on top of that, I feel relatively safe.
    Sided by a 30strong saurus unit, backed up by nothing short of awesomeness, my 6kroxigors.
    These guys do massive damage if they get in to combat, 18 S6 attacks, with stomp! A really good hammer to back up my rather extensive anvil.
    I think its a solid line for 1500 pts.
    The skinks will scout and try and pick of lone characters and war machines while the razordon will assist one of the flanks.

I lack a great deal of mobility in this army, but I make up for it with pure force.
    Im a bit worried about covering the flanks with so few units, and im not sure how well I would fair against a shooty list.

Im considering switching the Razordons for salamanders, I heard they are much better.
    But stand and shoot gives these guys 2 artillery dice instead of 1, giving a potential of 40 attacks when they are charged, making the enemy think twice before trying to send a small flanking force their way.
    I feel they work better for holding a flank than the Salamanders, I might be wrong thought, I have not really play tested this yet.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not bad. If they enemy has magic you'll be torn to shreds. Hopefully Cham skinks can take care of that. Unfortunately though, you don't have a BSB. Your TG just have a magic banner, so no re-rolls on tests. A Scar Vet or Skink Chief can be a BSB, not a normal "standard bearer" from a unit. I've never used Razordons, I actually prefer the Salamders. The rules for template weapons is so much better now in my opinion. But hey, it's worth a try! Just keep in mind, you do NOT have a BSB.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I think that is a lot to pay for the temple guard over just another unit of warriors. I don't think the +1 strength is worth it. I would also drop the spears on the warriors as hand weapon/shield is better in this edition I believe.

I would also rather have a ward save on the general. Along with a vet to be the BSB.

And I too prefer salamanders. If you are going to run razordons, they really need to be in units of 3 to mitigate the fact that a misfire roll on a charge reaction eliminates both dice.

Have fun,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread