<3000 3000 Point Tourny List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

3000 Point Tourny List

Here is my proposed list for an upcoming tournament. Let me know what you think.

LORDS: 750 pts

Slann: Focused Rumination, Focus of Mystery, Higher state of consciousness, Soul of Stone
    Magic: Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, Divine Plaque of Protection, Obsidian Trinket
    Lore: Shadow

Oldblood: Light Armour
    Magic: Blade of Realities, Charmed Shield

Heroes: 651 pts

Scar-Vet: BSB, Shield
    Magic: Gambler's Armour, Dawnstone, Warrior Bane

Scar-Vet: Great Weapon, Shield
    Magic: Armour of Fortune, Venom of the Firefly Frog, Luckstone

Chief: Light Armour, Shield, Javelins, Terradon
    Magic: Piranha Blade, The Other Trickster's Shard

Chief: Light Armour
    Magic: Cloak of Feathers, Shield of Ptolos

Skink Priest: Level 1
    Magic: Dispel Scroll

CORE: 899 pts

Warriors: 30 w/FC
    Warriors: 30 w/FC
    Skinks: 19 w/Std & Musician
    Skirmishers: 10

SPECIAL: 220 pts

Chameleons: 5
    Chameleons: 5
    Terradon Riders: 3 w/Brave

RARE: 380 pts

Salamanders: 3 w/ 3 extra handlers
    Salamanders: 3 w/ 3 extra handlers

There it is. Blast away.

SirKently

I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man I would really love to hear how you plan to deploy these units looks pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are your Scar-vets deploying with the warriors? Is this why you've chosen to use champions?

Sidewinder

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my honest opinion, i feel that you have too many points in characters. Why dp you need so many scarvets, and skink chiefs? I think the points would be better spent buying more units. I also think you should change your sallies to four units of two, this is a grand army now so it is legal. What is that unit of 19 skinks expected to do? It seems like free points for your opponent. Also I never was a fan of blade of realities, and know i dislike it even more because you must take a leadership test, if you fail you die. Now with BSBs allowing you to reroll all leadership based tests, it is not as effective. So main points i feel are, lose some heroes, get more units, and boost sallies to four units of two. Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Billy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

@Billy . You bring up some good points which I will attempt to explain my reasoning on. First off, the rules for this tournament say that you can't use the grand army rules even though it is 3000 points. Otherwise I would have done as you suggested. The blade of realities is great against certain things. It can take out screaming bells, and other skaven big things easily. Great against hell cannons. Even rerolling, scoring a 4 isn't really likely. Now about the number of characters. The premise of this army is to use the smoke and mirrors ability of the lore of shadow to jump characters around to combats that they can win. The chief with the cloak is there to charge something quickly. Then the slann can switch places with him, and then with a saurus character that can win the fight. As an example, second turn the chief charges a hell cannon, the slann gets a spell off the switches places with him, then casts another spell and brings the oldblood into combat. I do agree about the skink unit. Not really sure what to do with it. I wanted it to give me someplace to put my priest and chief, and big enough that a few shots wouldn't destroy the whole unit and take the characters with it. Maybe drop a ton of skinks for another warrior unit. What would you think of that? And the chief on the terradon is there to do suicide runs at the opponents BSB.

@Sidewinder . The champs are there just in case the slann happens to jump into a combat where all the other characters have left the unit. Don't want him facing a really tough character before I can get him out of there.

@Eduardo. Deployment varies by who I am facing. But as a general strategy, I want my blocks containing my characters to get close to the really big nasty things, so the smoke and mirrors can work. And I try to keep the salamanders within range of things that the slann can cast the toughness reducing spell on. And as mentioned above, I want the terradons to get to the BSB of the enemy.

Thanks for all the comments.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 3k game coming up this weekend vs O&G I might use this but I will be tossing in an EotG and I might try the 4 packs of 2 sally..

I have never used sallys so I am going to check if there is a topic of the week on them if not what is the strat on those fellas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright makes much more sense now, i would drop the skinks and maybe 6 saurus from each unit for 3 blocks of 24, only problem is that you need another 53 points.... so take that as you will, i thinks maybe in order to find some points you could consider dropping the brave in the terradons, or even champs in the saurus, although i see the saurus champs having a large purpose in this army. Other than that, thank you. Thanks to you i had an epiphany on the blade of realities, and i must say, wow. Anyway, hope this helped.
    Cheers,
    Billy

+ Reply to Thread