<3000 2500 mainly vs. new O&G - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

2500 mainly vs. new O&G

Coming back to Lizards after a break to play some of my other armies and looking for advice on my 2500 pt. list. I will be facing mainly the new O&G and possibly Brets.

Lord: Slann w/ Mystery, rumination, cogitation, higher state, Cupped hands, Obsidian Trinket, BSB = 510 pts.

Heroes: Scar Vet w/ Cold One, shield, Burning Blade, Luckstone, lt. armor = 138 pts.
    Scar Vet w/ Cold One, shield, lt. armor, Ironcurse Icon, +2 Attack sword = 158 pts.

Core: 2x22 Saurus w/ FC = 544 pts.(1 Scar vet each)
    2x10 Skink skirmishers

Special: 2x6 Chameleon Skinks
    4 Terradons
    4 Kroxigor(2x2)

Rare: Ancient Steg
    2x1 Salamander w/ extra handler = 160 pts.

This leaves me with about 90 pts. to play with. I was thinking maybe 2 Jungle swarms to guard the Slann if need be or maybe giving him Crown of Command and/or St. of Discipline in case someone gets behind my lines. Also considering dropping the Krox to get another Ancient Steg. I would have to drop one of my Salamanders or else try to fit in a skink chief to ride it. All thoughts welcome. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NecroNid View Post
    Coming back to Lizards after a break to play some of my other armies and looking for advice on my 2500 pt. list. I will be facing mainly the new O&G and possibly Brets.
    Welcome Back
    Lord: Slann w/ Mystery, rumination, cogitation, higher state, Cupped hands, Obsidian Trinket, BSB = 510 pts.
    Love the Slann, I heard Shadow best lore for solo play
    Heroes: Scar Vet w/ Cold One, shield, Burning Blade, Luckstone, lt. armor = 138 pts.
    Scar Vet w/ Cold One, shield, lt. armor, Ironcurse Icon, +2 Attack sword = 158 pts.
    Plz correct me if I am wrong but I see two Scar Vets with Cold ones and no Cold one unit.
    Core: 2x22 Saurus w/ FC = 544 pts.(1 Scar vet each)
    2x10 Skink skirmishers
    Scar vets on cold ones can not join those units/lose the mounts.
    I would toss a unit of skirmishers
    Special: 2x6 Chameleon Skinks
    4 Terradons
    4 Kroxigor(2x2)
    Be sure to have a plan with those terradons, and remember they get Vanguard. Not a fan of Kroigor
    Rare: Ancient Steg
    2x1 Salamander w/ extra handler = 160 pts.
    O&G is a low leadership team I would exploit that with more salamander I would go with 2 units of 2/3 1 wound causes a panic check...
    if the points allow I would put a priest for EOTG,
    This leaves me with about 90 pts. to play with. I was thinking maybe 2 Jungle swarms to guard the Slann if need be or maybe giving him Crown of Command and/or St. of Discipline in case someone gets behind my lines. Also considering dropping the Krox to get another Ancient Steg. I would have to drop one of my Salamanders or else try to fit in a skink chief to ride it. All thoughts welcome. Thanks.
    Good Luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

The scar vets can join the saurus. The Cold Ones are cavalry and they have the same footprint as 2 saurus so they fit fine. They won't get LOS because they are cavalry but they can definitely join the unit. Not a fan of EotG so I don't think I will go that route. Maybe dump the Krox, one unit of skirmishers and some items from the characters to get a chief on an Ancient w/ WarSpear?

5. ThanksEduardo Rodriguez thanked for this post.
    LikeEduardo Rodriguez liked this post.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NecroNid View Post
    The scar vets can join the saurus. The Cold Ones are cavalry and they have the same footprint as 2 saurus so they fit fine. They won't get LOS because they are cavalry but they can definitely join the unit. Not a fan of EotG so I don't think I will go that route. Maybe dump the Krox, one unit of skirmishers and some items from the characters to get a chief on an Ancient w/ WarSpear?
    That is awesome, Thanks for the correction

For the engine, I love it. But it all depends on your play style.

Good luck

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I am not a fan of having one stegadon in a list. I would give that up for more warriors and salamanders. If you want kroxigors, I would get at least six for the unit. I prefer eight if I was going to run them, but I really don't think they are that useful.

For the vets, I would replace the luckstone with the dawnstone. For the slann, the crown of command is a good option.

The jungle reclaims its own, welcome back,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

Well, I made some changes to the list. To sum up, I took out the Krox and one unit of skinks to add in a chief on a steg w/ war spear. I had to drop some items from the Vets and added the Crown to the slann. The new list is as follows:

Lord: Slann(Light) w/ mystery, rumination, cogitation, higher state, BSB, Cupped Hands, Crown of Command, Obsidian Trinket = 545 pts.

Heroes: Chief on Steg w/ War Spear = 340 pts.
    Vet w/ Cold One, Shield, Burning Blade = 128 pts.
    Vet w/ Cold One, shield, +2 Att. sword, Ironcurse Icon = 153 pts.

Core: 11 Skink Skirmishers, 23 Saurus (FC), 22 Saurus (FC)

Special: 4 Terradons, 2x6 Camo Skinks

Rare: 2x1 Salamander w/ extra handler, Ancient Steg.

Any new comments are welcome. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question - if your cold one is attacked in close combat and wounded will that kill your hero?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

The cold one cannot be attacked separately. The only model that you can attack separately is a monster, such as a stegadon or carnosaur.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    The cold one cannot be attacked separately. The only model that you can attack separately is a monster, such as a stegadon or carnosaur.

SirKently
    So putting a scar vet in a unit of Saurus Warriors seems to be a great option

+2 Armor Save
    +fear
    +1 attack for the mount
    all this for 9 points more then another saurus warrior.

neg
    - stupidity test
    Please give me some more negs because I just can't find any reason why I wouldn't toss this on every Scar vet from here on out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo Rodriguez View Post
    Please give me some more negs because I just can't find any reason why I wouldn't toss this on every Scar vet from here on out.
    No look out sir rolls. So a cannon ball can take him out.

SirKently

+ Reply to Thread