<1000 Lizardmen 1000 newb - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Lizardmen 1000 newb

So, this is an army list for my bro based on the battalion box.

Heroes:
    lvl2 Skink Priest w/ Diadem of Power

Core:
    20 Saurus Warriors w/ Full Command
    12 Skinks w/ Full Command

Special:
    10 Temple Guard w/ Full Command
    6 Cold One Riders w/ Full Command and Plaque of Dominion

Total - 962

What do you think? What can he use to fill it out? He cannot have any more Special, he already has 50% of his army there.

Last edited by Taubeast; July 25th, 2011 at 22:56.
    Tau Empire: We never stop hiding from you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

only suggestion I have would be to bulk the skinks out with one more box to as close to the 1k as you can get

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Lo,

The saurus seem fine. Though with no character in the unit to protect, you could look at dropping the unit champion to save points.

I would drop the command from the skinks and use then as skink skirmishers with blowpipes. (but then i supose it could be risky as you have nowhere for your priest to sit in.)

Drop the unit championin the Cold One Riders. Its not worth the extra points for the extra attack, and theres no character in the unit where you will need to use a unit champion to accept challenges on his behalf to protect him.

For now... i would not use the temple guard until you can field a bigger unit. Arguably 10 of them can be devestating if used right in small games sue to the 15 S5 attacks you can pump out, but they are better 6 wide (simply for the extra attacks), and normal saurus can easily take up that role for now. If anything, and if you have the points left over, use one of the TG models as a Scar-vet with great weapon just to slot cheaply into the saurus for a bit more killy power. If you must take TG then once again drop the unit champion, and the standard, and try to use them in cohession with the Saurus block so they can benifit from the Saurus's standard (you only get the benifit once per standard in a combat).

Saving points like this will allow you to field more troops. It may be worth having 2 blocks of saurus if they can be fitted in. Even a unit of 15. Another unit of skirmishers ontop of the one iv sugested could also be a possibility.

+ Reply to Thread