<1000 1000 pts - league - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

19 (x1)

1000 pts - league

Participating with an escalation league. We are currently at 1000 points. I could field an army consisting of all skinks; I could field an army of all Saurus warriors, because unfortunately, that is the only model types I have with the exception of a broken down steg.

There are Wood Elf, Vampire Counts, Chaos Warriors, Dwarves, Skaven and other Lizardmen players.

Here is my list.
    lord -- 250 pts
    Blade of Reverend Tzunki (+1S, no AS for opp)
    Maiming Shield (+1A, counts as magical)

heroes -- 250 points
    Skink Chief
    War Drum of Xahutec (+1 Ld)
    enchanted shield
    light armor

Skink Priest
    Diadem of Power(may carry over two unused power dice to use as dispel dice)
    ? for xx pts

core -- 260 points
    one block of 22 Saurus Warriors including one musician and one standard bearer

special -- 240 points
    four blocks of 5 x chameleon skinks each

I believe I have the points correct. I don't know what to do with the xx points allotted to the priest. I found an error in my original list while I was copying it to this post. I had the priest equipped with a dispel scroll in addition to the diadem

.What do you think?

Last edited by Sidewinder; August 17th, 2011 at 03:21. Reason: needed paragraphs

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

11 (x1)

There are a few things I would recommend changing.
    - First off, I think you are spending too many points on characters. An Oldblood is not cost effective in such a low point game, and even a BSB is a bit of a stretch. I would suggest dropping them and simply getting a Scar-Veteran genral instead; in addition you could also further augment you Skink Priest's dispelling capabilities.
    - Secondly, your troop distabution is a bit unbalanced. Having a large troop block as your center is good, but a few smaller enemy blocks could plow right through you chameleons and into your flank. I would recommend you have only two units of six chameleons, and with the points leftover get a small unit of ranked or skirmishing skinks to screen and redirect; also I would highly recommend a Saurus champion if you are placing your Scar-Veteran in that unit.
    - Third and lastly, with whatever points you have left and a little finagling you should definitely get a salamander. As I am sure you have heard, they are awesome.

I understand you do not have a salamander model, but I am sure you can improvise something your opponents will allow. By the way, a level 1 Skink Priest with the Diadem of Powed is 90 points.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your campanign!

Cheers, camo-skink
    Last edited by camo-skink; August 20th, 2011 at 06:20.
    I like maxims that don't encourage behavior modification.
    - Calvin and Hobbes

+ Reply to Thread