[Army of Tepok] [2000 Points] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Army of Tepok] [2000 Points]

All right, here is a 2000 point list which I am considering collecting (I have bought the Lizardmen box set thing, so I have about 600 points already). I am a fairly experienced player, so just a few quick questions as I have never played Lizardmen before.

* 6 Dispel dice enough?
    * Are 2 blocks of 25 Saurus a good idea? How could I get 3 units of 20?
    * Enough skinks?
    * Winnable? Marks out of 10 for a first attempt?

Characters
    Scar-Veteran: Great weapon, light armour, shield, Blessed Spawning of Tepok & Sotek, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior

Scar-Veteran: Great weapon, light armour, shield, Cold-One, Blessed Spawnings of Itzl & Tepok

Core

4 Jungle Swarms

25 Saurus: Hand weapons, shields, standard, musician, Blessed Spawning of Tepok

25 Saurus: Hand weapons, shields, standard, musician, Blessed Spawning of Tepok

13 Skinks: Blowpipes, Blessed Spawning of Tepok

13 Skinks: Blowpipes, Blessed Spawning of Tepok

Special
    7 Saurus Cold-One Riders: Spears, shields, standard, musician, Blessed Totem of Huanchi

Rare
    2 Salamander Hunting Packs

2 Salamander Hunting Packs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Looks good at first glance, I always think that a Stegadon is worthwhile in 2000pts, they can hold a flank all on their own or charge down the centre causing Terror everywhere! I don't think 2 units of Salamanders is a great idea, they aren't all that reliable.

25 Saurus per unit is fine, that gives a nice solid unit without investing more points in them than is necessary. Will the Scar-Veterans be leading these units? They should be! Try and keep your skink unit size to the minimum if you can, they're usually going to get caught and killed or chased off anyway so there's no need to have more per unit than you absolutely need.

I don't know about 6 dispel dice being enough, it should stop most spells (especially from armies with an average amount of wizards). But against magic heavy armies (High Elves, Chaos, other Lizardmen), you might find yourself a bit short. Generally though, I think you should be okay.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I'd drop the suarus to 20 they are still hard as nails and will free up some points for some terradons to go warmachine hunting.

6 dice is fine, don't forget skinks are magic resistant.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

god, are skinks magic resistant? i dont think they are.

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

I think you'll find they are in a Sacred Host of Tepok. For +20pts they get magic resistance (1) (see the GW page here).
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the replies guys. I have bought all the models and am testing out the army now. I suppose if it doesn't work out, I have the models to change the list and make it workable. Here is the finalized list:

* Added an extra Scar-Veteran to help with the Dispel Dice and I now have enough Scar-Veterans to make all my units very deadly.

* Added some Chameleon Skinks to take out war machines.

Characters
    *Scar-Veteran: Great weapon, light armour, shield, Blessed Spawning of Tepok

*Scar-Veteran: Great weapon, light armour, shield, Blessed Spawning of Tepok

~Scar-Veteran: Great weapon, light armour, shield, Cold-One, Blessed Spawnings of Itzl & Tepok

Core

4 Jungle Swarms

*24 Saurus: Hand weapons, shields, standard, musician, Blessed Spawning of Tepok

*24 Saurus: Hand weapons, shields, standard, musician, Blessed Spawning of Tepok

12 Skinks: Blowpipes, Blessed Spawning of Tepok

12 Skinks: Blowpipes, Blessed Spawning of Tepok

Special
    ~7 Saurus Cold-One Riders: Spears, shields, standard, musician, Blessed Totem of Huanchi

7 Chameleon Skinks

Rare
    3 Salamander Hunting Packs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I think 3 scar vets to be a bit overkill, you might want to drop them for more mainstay units, like droping one and making 3 units of 18 or 16, this will make ou much more flexible in the movement.

I don't think the saurus cavalry will need the blessed totem, they already are expensive, same for the Standard.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think terradons would b better for takin out war machines

+ Reply to Thread