1k tournie list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1k tournie list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k tournie list

hi, well ive got a tournament on this saturday but i need to confirm my list beforehand, well here goes

skar vet
    great wep
    LA
    shield
    jaguar thingy
    mark of stoek
    mark of quetzl
    148pts

skink priest
    2 dispel scrolls
    115pts

19 saurus
    full command
    258 pts

10 skinks
    jav and shield
    60pts

10 skinks
    blowpipes
    scouts
    70pts

3 kroxigors
    176pts

3 terradons
    105pts

1 salamander
    65 pts

total:997pts

the skar vet is a pretty standard JSoD and the priest is for magic defence. i will march block and flank with the terradons and the scouting skinks while my combat units are running down the field. i wasnt sure about the 1 sallie but it is pretty much there to discourage scouts and skirmishers from flanking me, or to take down the numbers of light enemy units like fast cav, elven spearmen and pretty much anything with low armour and T3.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, im not sure exactly what id do. all i'd say is this. like you said, the salamander looks lost in there. 19 saurus warriors is quite alot?

i like the skink priest, 2 dispel scrolls is wise i think.

i like the scar vet too.

you dont have enough skinks to shield both the kroxigor and the saurus if one unit is scouting. id drop the salamander for more skinks. we all know skinks are great. almost always points well spent.

id also be tempted to lower the amount of saurus, drop the sallie, and get another unit of kroxigor.

so, 14 saurus, 2 units of 3 kroxigor, 3 units of skinks. shield the kroxigor with skinks, let the saurus take it, and destroy war machines with your last unit of skink scouts. i think skink scouts are a far more efficient anti war machine hunter than terradons. theyre scouts after all.

thats what i'd do, but i love sticking to the classics. whatever you go with, good luck!

what are you going to do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i do have more skinks but they are unpainted. i know the sallie is a bit lost but it can be qutie effective. it can do say, about 2 casualties on a lightly armed unit with an ok roll, thats enough to pretty much cripple small unit of scouts like waywatchers, cham skinks and shadow warriors. also it is an okay flanker, forcing a panic test on the flank and adding 1 to combat res.

the only other models that i have are some cham skinks, some more skinks, another mage, some more terradons and a steggie, so i cant get any more kroxigors.

i think that this list is pretty balanced, but might run into a little bit of trouble with a lack of dedicted combat units but im pretty confident that it'll do ok.

and thanks for posting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, no i think it looks good. its pretty flexible. the kroxigors arent too much of a loss, you probably have enough already. give the scar vet charm of he jaugar warrior though, and a GW.

good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

the salamander is fine, it will do as you great as a skrimisher hoser, and get those mages too!

Only 1 rank and file unit, that might be a problem.

MAke sure you dance around for a few turns till you hit combat say on turn 4 if the conditions are favorable or 5 in any other cases, your units are will do better this way, fiving more time to the missile troops to earn their points back.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

Make sure you keep the initiative with this army. Because, as Wolf Pack says, you only have 1 ranked unit. So keep the initiative and the offense.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey thanks for your feedback

by the way i eneded up coming second in this tournament. i even managed to beat a shooty skaven army!

well know im a little bit more confident with my army and i was thinking of entering the 2k sydney grand tournament, i'll post a list soon.

thanks

+ Reply to Thread