2250 Lizardmen army Friendly? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Lizardmen army Friendly?

Ok here is my first army list I devised for just first time playing

Slaan Mage Priest 4th Gen with Battle Standard 390pts
    Skink Priest x2 130pts
    Saurus Warriors x15 with Bearer and musician 198pts
    Saurus Warriors x15 with Bearer and musician 198pts
    Temple Guardx20 340pts
    Skinksx10 60pts
    Skinksx10 60pts
    Cold Riders x7 with Bearer and musician 275pts
    Kroxigorex3 174pts
    Terradonsx5 175pts
    Stegadonx1 235pts

Keep in mind never played a game yet or even fully understand the rules just running some ideas in my head.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres is the other army I was opting for

Heres another army I came up with less Magic oriented.

Saurus Oldblood with Carnosaur and Battle Standard 385pts
    Skink Priest x2 with one Dispell scroll 180 pts
    Saurus warriorsx15 with Banner and musician 198 pts
    Saurus warriorsx15 with Banner and musician 198pts
    Saurus warriorsx15 with Banner and musician 198pts
    skinksx 12 72pts
    skinksx 11 66pts
    Kroxigor x3 174pts
    Kroxigor x3 174pts
    Terradon x5 175pts
    Salamander x3 195pts
    Stegadon 235pts

I am currently visiting my parents so I have very little to do here bored outta my mind lol just lookin for some inputs from people. Just trying to make a somewhat balanced army so it cost me a little less money in the long run

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. kroxigor are best in units of 4 and i would have 2
    2. salamander are great take 4
    3. have a hude skirm screen of about 30 to 40 skinks with jalvins (thrown weapns no movement penitles)
    4. stegadon look great but usally end up doing nothing
    5.i usally take 1 unit of sarus (20) hw and shield
    6. take 2 skink priests one with 2 scrolls the other diedam of power for extra power or dispell very handy
    7.have one sarus champ as general stick him in sarus unit the other tool up his armour give him great weapon and jaguar thing 360 charge arc with 18 inch movement he is a nightmare but him into cavl choas knights he owns and win everytime but just do not put him into ranked units.
    8.also sarus cav look great new models!! also give them that banner gives d6 extra move can't be stopped, you should always get the charge and if you opponet has not played lizard cav before he is in for nasty surprise.

that all i know about lizards hope it helps
    'work to live do not live to work'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two quick things, in the first list I'd juggle what I could on the points to put a magic banner in the Temple Guard unit that your Slann is in.

On the second list, your Oldblood on Carnosaur can't be the BS Bearer. You have to have a Scar-Veteran be the BSB.

Also as Xeno mentioned:
    1.) Kroxigors are better in groups of 4.
    2.) Stegadons don't always earn your points back for putting them in your army. The only way they'll really benefit you is if they get a flank or rear charge on someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xenomania_dawson, you basically told him to change his ENTIRE list to suit your playing style. Telling him to take a JSoD and 2 skink priests completely elminates him takinga slaan doesn't it? or is that just second gen.?

Anyway, unit of 30-40 skinks is ridiculous and in the case of 30+ impossible. Unless you ment have 3ish units as screens in which case it is an excellent idea.

Kroxigors may be more effective in units of 4(I've never tried it) but 3 definately works great! there's no denying that, so if you can't find the points, it's ok.

The stegadon barely ever makes its points back IMO but I still use it cause well... It's a huge terror causing monster that is awesome when flanking. Let it be known that I'm more into cool stuff than actually winning the game most of the time.

A unit of 7 cold one riders would be awkward IMO. I'd say drop it down to 5 or 6, or bring it up to 8-10 to have 2 ranks.

I've never actually used temple guard, but i think a unit of 16 would be more cost effective. The outnumber might be necessary though if you play against tk or vc, don't wanna autobreak.

The skink priests in the second list should either have more dispel scrolls or be upgraded to lvl 2. Two lvl 1 skink priests are not gunna get that many spells through at 2000 points. It would be better to either go a little more offensive or a little more defensive there in the magic department. The skink priests are pretty usedull in the first list, however, because they provide both power dice and line of sight for the slaan.

My last suggestion would be start battles at 1000 points to learn the rules, a 2000 point battle may become unruley and come across 2 many problems for your first game. A 1000 point list would flow better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea we plan on playing some low level scenario's IE training stuff. Just right now the place I play at runs the points at 2250 but they are a friendly bunch and wouldn't mind showing me the ropes with thier armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Evan8433]xenomania_dawson, you basically told him to change his ENTIRE list to suit your playing style. Telling him to take a JSoD and 2 skink priests completely elminates him takinga slaan doesn't it? or is that just second gen.?

Anyway, unit of 30-40 skinks is ridiculous and in the case of 30+ impossible. Unless you ment have 3ish units as screens in which case it is an excellent idea.

i did not tell him to change anything i just told everything i know about how be make a highly flexible lizard list!!! beacuse he say he was just running ideas through his head. also the whole point of this site is to pass on knowlegde to give them options so they know the routes in army building avaible to them.

1.slanns are great but they are a stupid amount of points and are going to get every single missile aim right at them and with a little bad luck in shooting or combat they are dead are so is 800+ points if you put them in one unit with guard, the best armys never but their eggs in one basket.

2. with two sarus champs one old blood you get one for leadership the other in racing around at 18 charge 360 into wizards, warmachines, skirms.

3. 2 skinks level 2 one with scrolls one with rod of power you get the options of extra two power or dispell.

4. 3 kroxigor may be great in combat but if they suffer shooting or get charged and lose one guy then 6 strength 7 attacks hitting on 4+ would see them lose against ranked goblins and a standard!!

5. have a huge skirm line from one table edge to the other with 4 to 3 units of ten is great for the following reasons.
    -they all have poison you get charge by fast cav (or any other lightly armour unit)
    jalvins or blowpipes(double shooting) auto armour save on 6s with 10 shooting average armour sav of fast cav 5+ you have got a couple of kills which cause a panic test!!! and your dies your other units are testing on 3 dice at ld 8.
    - you can flee charges for heavy knights infantry whatever cause a failed charge and then counter with kroxigor.
    -it looks scary all those models give edge and options they can shooting stop marching allow kroxigor to charge over them, charge warmachine and can always march, 360 charge arch allows they to shooting eagles stopping your marching.
    -also they are so cheap at around 60 points for a unit of 10 a unit which could soak up hellblaster handgunner magic missile fire so when your units do charge they have full rank bonus and attacks to do the job and win the game.

i rate skinks as one of the best skirm units in the game because they are real value for money unit.

also terrodons are great the hit and run means you can charge a ranked units of light infantry cause 3 or 4 kills take off their rank bonus although normal this would mean you losing comabt by 2 you can just run and there is nothing they can do, they are great for wizard and warmachine huntin. i hope this help you make informed choices.
    Last edited by xenomania_dawson; April 5th, 2006 at 11:02.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xenomania_dawson
    1.slanns are great but they are a stupid amount of points and are going to get every single missile aim right at them and with a little bad luck in shooting or combat they are dead are so is 800+ points if you put them in one unit with guard, the best armys never but their eggs in one basket.
    Actually the slann is overpowered for his points cost, he should be a lot more. He is a legendary mage throughout the game. I never take him with a temple guard but he is toughness five, can have 8 wounds, and a two plus ward against missile fire. He is one tough cookie. You have obviously never used him as you wouldn't make silly comments like that

3. 2 skinks level 2 one with scrolls one with rod of power you get the options of extra two power or dispell.
    Do you mean the Diadem of power? Once again your knowledge of lizardmen shines through.

salamander are great take 4
    What, and use up TWO rare slots just to take four salamnaders!? I would just stick with three myself.

stegadon look great but usally end up doing nothing
    Based on what?? Do you play lizardmen? The stegadon is AMAZING, not only does he look great but he's awesome on the battlefield as well.

As for the original list, i think its an extremely competent list for a first attempt. I would be tempted to try and make the slann 2nd gen because then he's just sick!:x

Cpeerson, welcome to the world of lizardmen!

Ciao,

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yearh i agree the steg is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO amazing, if you use it correvt, and the model!.. wow..

take the 2nd gen. slann... then you'll rule the magic phase totally. and by the way, this list is fantastic for a first list. i remember my first list. it was a total fiasko!.. lol

IMO i wouldn't take 4 krox. i like it better with 3 or 6. it just works much better

if anyone helps you with an army list or rules/fluff , then give them some rep

http://s2.bitefight.dk/c.php?uid=19914

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have not played lizrds for a year or so i play empire and wood elves currently. the rod of power or diadem of power can save upto 2 (3 for rod) dice from power or dispell pool so i have a pretty good merory. taking up two rare slots makes no diiferences really when thats all the rare choices i was suggesting.
    the slann is a very power mage who like everything else can be killed, and someone needs to make him useless is a couple of scroll caddys.
    the steg on paper looks great i did use one for about 10 games and he did very little hes slow and is a missile magenet a couple of bolt throwers a cannon and hes gone. maybe against undead, chaos something with little or no shooting or magic hes great but hes not a all rounder.

i sure your own list do great against your little brothers put if you have played against tourment players you would know what you are talking about but sadly you do not. I own 5 different beast of chaos, empire, lizardmen, dwarfs, wood elves all very different thats why i know about how to play and to make good lists. i am not saiding thats a bad list i am just saying that it has it weakness's thats all. i have been playing fantasy for 10 years so i may know a little about lists that all. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast