[1000] Lizardmen friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] Lizardmen friendly

I'm pretty new to lizardmen, so I don't really know the army that well.
    Here are my first 2 armylists, comments please

1)
    General:
    Saurus Scar-Veteran @ 114 pts
    (Light armour, shield, sword of battle)

Heroes:
    Skink Priest @ 135 pts
    (Lv 2, scout)

Core Units:
    16 Saurus warriors @ 222 pts
    (Full Command)

16 Saurus warriors @ 222 pts
    (Full Command)

10 Skinks @ 60 pts
    (Lavelins, shields)

10 Skinks @ 70 pts
    (Blowpipes, scouts)

Special Units:
    3 Kroxigors @ 174 pts
    ------------------------------
    997 pts

2)
    General:
    Saurus Scar-Veteran @ 163
    (GW, light armour, shield, charm of the jaguar warrior, glyph necklace)

Core Units:
    16 Saurus warriors @ 254 pts
    (Spears, full Command)

16 Saurus warriors @ 254 pts
    (Spears, full Command)

12 Skinks @ 72 pts
    (Lavelins, shields)

12 Skinks @ 84 pts
    (Blowpipes, scouts)

Special Units:
    3 Kroxigors @ 174 pts
    -----------------------------
    1001 pts

I don't really know which one is better, because this is only an idea.
    After I have a bit more models, I want to make an army based on the BS of Sotek. With 4x 12 Skinks (2 units scouts). Is this a good idea, or is it to expensive to upgrade your saurus warriors so much?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Isaaru; April 6th, 2006 at 14:12.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a pretty good list for your first one. Though one suggestion would be to make your scar-vet a JSoD. He has the charm of the jaguar warrior, light armor, shield and a great weapon. A few spawnings if you want to. He has 9 move with a huge charge range, great for smashing chariots. Also you do not need the champion on the kroxigors, save yourself 20 points and maybe buy a few skinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda like the first list better. I don't use sword of battle so much or scouting on a skink priest but both could prove to be usefull.

As for the second list, I'm not a huge fan of spears. I aslo don't think the krox champ is worth anything at all. However, without spears it won't be much different than your first list and I don't know what to use the points for the champion on, more skinks perhaps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVietnam
    That is a pretty good list for your first one. Though one suggestion would be to make your scar-vet a JSoD. He has the charm of the jaguar warrior, light armor, shield and a great weapon. A few spawnings if you want to. He has 9 move with a huge charge range, great for smashing chariots. Also you do not need the champion on the kroxigors, save yourself 20 points and maybe buy a few skinks.
    My second scar-veteran is a JSoD, but making the first one one would meen I have to get rid of something (and likely, that would be the priest)
    Ok, no champion on the kroxigors

Quote Originally Posted by Evan8433
    I kinda like the first list better. I don't use sword of battle so much or scouting on a skink priest but both could prove to be usefull.

As for the second list, I'm not a huge fan of spears. I aslo don't think the krox champ is worth anything at all. However, without spears it won't be much different than your first list and I don't know what to use the points for the champion on, more skinks perhaps?
    I gave them spears because;
    1)A friend of mine told me that in 7th edition handweapon+shield combo can only be made by models with WS4+. With this in mind, I am not sure what I'm going to give my models.
    2)When I reach 1500/2000 pts the saurus warriors are going to have the BS of Sotek. Then if they charge (or get charged) they have a lot of attacks.

I now have 20 pts to spare, and those will be put in...???
    If I get the scar-veteran a BS, he will be all alone in the jungle, and because I will be playing against wood elves a lot, that is not going to be a good idea.

Any suggestions?

[EDIT] I didn't put a champion in the kroxigor unt.
    Last edited by Isaaru; April 6th, 2006 at 14:11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isaaru
    i gave them spears because
    1)A friend of mine told me that in 7th edition handweapon+shield combo can only be made by models with WS4+. With this in mind, I am not sure what I'm going to give my models.
    what?! i havent heard of this. thats crap! we are in 6th edition arnt we?
    2)When I reach 1500/2000 pts the saurus warriors are going to have the BS of Sotek. Then if they charge (or get charged) they have a lot of attacks.
    its only if the saurus charge that they get an extra attack each. if its them that gets charged they dont get any additional attacks.

I now have 20 pts to spare, and those will be put in...???

If I get the scar-veteran a BS, he will be all alone in the jungle, and because I will be playing against wood elves a lot, that is not going to be a good idea.
    he dousnt have to be alone in. i think you are referring to the spawnings. its only if the saurus has spawnings the hero has to have the same spawnings to join it, but if the hero has a spawning and the saurus unit hasnt, the hero can easily join the saurus unit.

if anyone helps you with an army list or rules/fluff , then give them some rep

http://s2.bitefight.dk/c.php?uid=19914

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes we are in 6th edition, but I don't want to buy new models in 7th, if what he says is true..

Quote Originally Posted by ^Shadow-Stalker
    its only if the saurus charge that they get an extra attack each. if its them that gets charged they dont get any additional attacks.
    What I meant was; I charge = 16 attacks (5 models incl. champion), I get charged = 16 attacks (10 models, if noone gets killed incl. champion (2nd row gets 1 attck, I know))
    If I give them spears I will have the same attacks if I get charged, as when I do the charging myself.

he dousnt have to be alone in. i think you are referring to the spawnings. its only if the saurus has spawnings the hero has to have the same spawnings to join it, but if the hero has a spawning and the saurus unit hasnt, the hero can easily join the saurus unit.
    I'm not refering to the spawnings. I'm only saying that, why would you put a model, with movent 9" , and 18" charge range, in a unit?? He is much better alone, because alone he can use his movement to the fullest.

I hope I made myself clear Sorry if my English isn't perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I meant was; I charge = 16 attacks (5 models incl. champion), I get charged = 16 attacks (10 models, if noone gets killed incl. champion (2nd row gets 1 attck, I know))
    If I give them spears I will have the same attacks if I get charged, as when I do the charging myself.
    does he spears only work if you get charged??

[QUOTE=Isaaru]I'm not refering to the spawnings. I'm only saying that, why would you put a model, with movent 9" , and 18" charge range, in a unit?? He is much better alone, because alone he can use his movement to the fullest.QUOTE]
    you can charge out of the unit. thats what the JSoD is for. it can charge out of the unit its in. a really nice rule! its that rule that makes the JSoD so NINJA :ninja:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, the second rank only attacks if you get charged.

you can charge out of the unit. thats what the JSoD is for. it can charge out of the unit its in. a really nice rule! its that rule that makes the JSoD so NINJA
    Hehe, sweet :shifty:
    Last edited by Isaaru; April 6th, 2006 at 16:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok there was a lot of confusion there about spears and sotek. When he chatges sotek kicks in, when he gets charged, spears kick in, get it? got it? good.

The JSOD goes in a unit because your opoent doesn't know whether he's geared to fight rank and file units or is going to come flying out when least expected to charge anything that may be vulnerable(especially effective against chariots). Your oponent assumes he has the higher M value than WACK! bye bye chariots cause you have a JSOD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok there was a lot of confusion there about spears and sotek. When he chatges sotek kicks in, when he gets charged, spears kick in, get it? got it? good.
    is it only the turn you get charged that the spears work, or is it the rest of the combat?
    The JSOD goes in a unit because your opoent doesn't know whether he's geared to fight rank and file units or is going to come flying out when least expected to charge anything that may be vulnerable(especially effective against chariots). Your oponent assumes he has the higher M value than WACK! bye bye chariots cause you have a JSOD.
    can a JSoD only charge in the line of site or can it charge out of the flanks and rear to???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast