2000 point, friendly as a cheap suit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point, friendly as a cheap suit

It's been nearly ten years since I've played, so I'm essentially a newbie again. I was thinking of restarting and thought I'd kick around some ideas here for fun. I like the look of the lizardman army, particularly the big frog with his temple guard. I can't help but think of him as Napoleon.

Lord

Slann
    2nd gen
    battle standard bearer
    2 dispell scrolls
    plaque of tepok

Core

20 Saurus, standard
    16 Temple guard
    4 Jungle swarms
    10 Skinks
    10 Skinks
    10 Skinks
    10 Skinks

Special

3 Kroxigor
    5 Chameleon skinks

Rare

3 Salamanders

The usual set up would be for the infantry blocks and kroxigor to be on one flank, the jungle swarms and salamanders in the centre and the skinks filling gaps. The infantry and kroxigor march up the flank, break the enemy flankers with combat resolution and then turn and charge along the enemy line. The swarms hold up the centre until the main units can turn along the line. The salamanders and skinks shoot whatever they can (and don't run off the table, thanks).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

i really like this list its very well balanced, but i would let the slann go solo without the temple guard and use the point to get anouther saurus unit with the bs of quetzl to make a poor man's bodyguard for the slann (and he could jump out of the unit when ever the opportunity arises), and use the spare points to beef up the army or squeeze in a scar-vet. to give your saurus units some more punch,
    other than those comments i like the list, good work(Y)

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I could replace the temple guard with a unit of 20 saurus with the spawning of quetzl and a standard and musician, and have the slann hide behind them. It's a safer for the slann, but I think the temple guard would be better in combat. There's merit to both units, I lean towards the temple guard just because I'd hazard a guess they'll win more games with their better stats than lose by being overrun with the slann.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

It's great to see a list with jungle swarms and chameleon skinks! Neither of these are used nearly enough on this forum.

I agree with Kai-Itza's comments. Too many times i've found myself thinking "if only the saurus had caused just one or two more wounds...", so thats why i think scar-vets in units of saurus are golddust.

But yeah this is an awesome list.

Ciao

Stonehambey

+ Reply to Thread