2000 pt Lizardmen army. Suggestions? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt Lizardmen army. Suggestions?

I'm mostly new to fantasy, after playing 40k for a while, and I chose to go with the Lizardmen. This army I would like to be friendly, but at the same time able to participate in campaigns. Here it is:

4th Gen Slann
    Plaque of Tepok
    Glyph Necklace
    General
    - 410 pts

Scar-Vet
    GW, LA, Shield
    Blessing of Sotek
    - 113 pts

Skink Priest
    Dragonfly of Quicksilver
    Magic Level 2
    - 115 pts

20 Saurus Warriors
    Full Command
    Spears, shields
    - 310 pts

20 Saurus Warriors
    Full Command
    HW, shields
    - 270 pts

12 Skink Skirmishers
    Scouts, blowpipes
    - 89 pts

12 Skink Skirmishers
    Scouts, blowpipes
    - 89 pts

8 Saurus Calvary
    Full Command
    Jaguar Banner

3 Kroxigors
    -174 pts.

Salamander Hunting Pack
    - 65 pts

Total: 1990 pts

Suggestions? I'm open to any input that would be helpful

Last edited by Tiberion; May 27th, 2006 at 20:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Hi Tiberion!

As a rule I generally don't like to make too many suggestions to people's lists, if i start making too many suggestions then it can end up looking more like my list than yours!

But i would say lose the Glyph necklace on the slann. The slann comes with a 4+ ward anyway (shield of the old ones) so the necklace is totally useless.

Your one salamander seems a bit lost in 2k points. In battles this large i find three work wonderfully, but one just wont cut it i feel. Of course you may have a role all planned out for him.

My suggestion would be to lose this salamander, the glyph necklace and one saurus from your unit (stick the scar-vet in the unit of 19).

If you drop the spears on the saurus then this frees up 131 points (i think!)

If you also drop 3 CoR you will have 236 extra points. Another skink means that you would now have enough room for 4 jungle swarms, or 3 jungle swarms and another krox.

As the cavalry are pretty nippy anyway they shouldn't lose effectiveness. If you play them as two ranks of four you get the extra rank, but a five wide frontage will give you more attacks whilst only losing the +1 for combat res. They also cost a lot less points.

Man it looks like i've tampered a lot doesn't it? I think you should playtest and see what works best for you. Thought i'd leave you with a few thoughts...

1) I'm loving the two units of scouts(Y)

2) Jaguar standard on the cav looks nice as well!

3) Jungle swarms are your best friend

Hope this might help somewhat

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestions! I already constructed the spearmen, so I guess I'll buy a couple more boxes. I am likeing the sound of the jungle swarms, and I didn't realize the thing about the Glyph necklace. I'm glad you like both the Jaguar stand. and the scouts. I tried to base this army off of mainly the pieces that I have bought and have been modelling. I'm glad I didn't buy the salamander :yes: , and I'm glad that you helped me out with this. I took all your suggestions into very high priority when I redid the list. In fact, I loved them so much I took them all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy!

A few things I'd like to suggest are:

1. Do you feel that the dragonfly is needed with only 2 scouting units? It's a good magic item, but I personally don't use it until I have at least 4 units of scouts.

2. The glyph on Fat Frog Freddy isn't really necessary. You're only allowed to take one ward save per turn, and he has a nice one already.

3. On the cavalry, I'd drop 2 to create a unit of 6. That way you still have 3 regular troopers before you have to start removing command models.

4. I'd use the points saved on the cavalry to get yourself a second salamander pack.

5. Saving on the glyph and the dragonfly will be able to get yourself at least one dispel scroll for emergencies.

I do believe all-in-all that you have a great grasp on the will of the Old Ones for just starting out with the lizzies. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread