2000pt Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000pt Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Army

Hello all!! This is my very first post(Yay! ) On librarium. I have just started lizardmen (from the dark side of the Orcs) and the first thing i noticed is how much everything bl****y costs!!! Goodbye good old days of seeing my gigantic horde stomp across the board.:cry: But my love of dinosours was too great too resist! So, here is my very first army list....

Saurus Oldblood – 231 pts
    Light Armour, shield, Venom of Firefly Frog, Blade of Revered Tzunki
    Skink Shaman - 125 pts
    Extra Lvl, dispel scroll
    Skink Shaman - 125 pts
    Extra Lvl, Dispel Scroll
    20 Saurus Warriors – 290 pts
    Hand weapons, Full Command, BS of Tlazcotl
    20 Saurus Warriors – 270 pts
    Hand weapons, Full Command
    10 Skink skirmishers – 60 pts
    Blowpipes
    Blowpipes
    10 Skink skirmishers – 70 pts
    Blowpipes, scouts
    Blowpipes, Scouts
    3 Jungle Swarms – 180 pts
    3 Kroxigors – 174 pts
    Great weapons 405
    3 Terradons – 105 pts
    Stegadon – 235 pts

TOTAL – 1995pts

Constructive critisiscm would be nice! :yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there erm there are a few things that i would do if this were my list though obviously its only my opinnion.

For me i really hate dispell scrolls (i just find them boring/predictable and i don't so much like one trick items), I also feel lizardmen don't need them because they have nicer alternatives. Being as you have only two special you could upgrade one of your saurus units with the mark of tepoc instead or even both, which would give you up to 6 dispell dice which in my opinnion is alot more powerful than 2 scrolls that can only be used once and its cheaper. Another idea which could be used in tandom with the previous is to give your shaman a diadem, ok this is about as predictable as a scroll however, from your list you have two level twos which suggests you want to be casting some spells, now generally 2 lvl 2's might be ok but often they aren't worth too much, however if you have 6 dispell dice you hopefully will have some left over to carry to power them lvl 2's up and really make them do something. Even if you don't have the extra tepocs, you can either use the diadem to give you 6 dispell dice anyway (though at a loss to your power), or you can take out their wizards and leave you with little need for dispell dice.

You have about the same amount of skinks as i do in your army, which is good you don't want any more scouts than that, so yeah nice amount of skinks though i would suggest that sometimes javalins can be pretty nice, although blowpipes seem good and theres alot of hyp about them, the fact is they end up getting large amount of to hit modifiers and sometimes its nice to not have that and javalins provide just that service.

One thing to think about is the number of saurus, though there is a big debate about this so i guess it comes down to the way you want to play them, however some people might say that 20 is a bit much for saurus and suggest 15 or 16, I think saurus are one of those units that attacks is just as important as Static CR and thusly sometimes having too much points in the back rank can be abit of a waste, though as i said thats debatable.

Special choices you have right terradons and kroxigors are probably two of the must buy sorta items out of the special, cold one riders are alright though thats debatable and chamelion skinks are alright though people have debated them aswell, but kroxigors and terradons are good.

The only thing i would say is you really only have 2 combat units which are the saurus, stegadons are very good and generally they can get by on their own but there are also alot of cases where they can't, kroxigors can take on small units by themselves but again often can't go up against others, terradons don't underestimate them atall but their first job isn't helping out in main combat. So what i am saying basically is if you can you need more units that will stand up or just more units.

Jungle swarms now, i used to love these fellows i had a massive unit of them, but simply put they are just too expensive in comparison with the rest of the list, one is i guess alright but once you get to spending 180pts on a unit thats really not going to do alot and when you think that for the same amount you could get 3 units of skinks or another unit of kroxigors or 15 saurus they really arent the option you pick. The other thing with jungle swarms is although unbreakable units can be good, when you have cold blood, unless you are really badly beaten things like your saurus aren't going to run anyway.

Overall though its a good list.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Swarms are among the best units in the game, ours are poisoned, so the last thing i would suggest is to drop the swarms. If anything, i would try to squeeze in a fourth

I like this list. It's not too similar to my preferred list (I don't like kroxigors), but that's more personal preference than any real fault with the list itself

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... Very interesting...
    Well as i have'nt played with lizardmen before i'll try and use as much of your advice as possible. So here is the new revised list....

Saurus Oldblood – 231 pts
    Light Armour, shield, Venom of Firefly Frog, Blade of Revered Tzunki
    Skink Shaman - 125 pts
    Extra Lvl, dispel scroll
    Skink Shaman - 100 pts
    Extra Lvl,
    16 Saurus Warriors – 252 pts
    Hand weapons, Full Command, BS of Tepok
    16 Saurus Warriors – 222 pts
    16 Saurus Warriors – 222 pts
    Javelins
    Blowpipes
    Blowpipes, scouts
    Blowpipes, Scouts
    3 Jungle Swarms – 180 pts
    3 Kroxigors – 174 pts
    Great weapons
    Stegadon – 235 pts

TOTAL – 2001

I think my maths is correct. Anyway the reason i ditched the terradons instead of Jungle swarms is because i need them to cover the flanks and there is'nt much that can take out 15 wounds in one go and i kept the kroxigors because they just look awesome! If i have done anything wrong don't hestitate to say because this is the list i'm going to build upon!
    A couple ways to drive store people mad!
    1. When speakers come on, curl up in a ball and shout "I can hear the voices again"
    2. Go into a change room, wait a while, then yell "Hey, where's the toilet paper?"
    Get to work!

+ Reply to Thread