Sacred host of Queztcl - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sacred host of Queztcl

I have been slowly changing my army to fit in the models I like but keep it strong at the same time. I am a big fan of Skinks and 2x blocks of sarus warriors. I like to keep a little magic so here is my try! Please give me suggestions. This army needs to be strong enough for friendly play yet fun to play!

Quetl Lizardmen Army

1 Saurus Oldblood @ 263 Pts
    General; Quetzl; Light Armour; Shield; Itzl,Burning Blade of Chotec, Aura of Quetzl, Cold One
    1 Skink Priest @ 105 Pts, Magic Level 2; Lore of Death; Quetzl
    1 Skink Priest @ 115 Pts, Magic Level 2; Scout; Lore of Death; Quetzl
    15 Skink Skirmishers @ 95 Pts,Quetzl; Javelin; Shield
    15 Skink Skirmishers @ 95 Pts,Quetzl; Javelin; Shield
    10 Skink Skirmishers @ 75 Pts,Scout; Quetzl; Blowpipe
    14 Saurus Warriors @ 240 Pts, Quetzl; Shield; Standard; Musician,1 Champion
    1 Saurus Scar-Veteran @ 124 Pts, Quetzl; Light Armour; Shield, Sword of Might
    13 Saurus Warriors @ 228 Pts, Quetzl; Shield; Standard; Musician, 1 Champion
    5 Kroxigors @ 290 Pts
    1 Stegadon @ 235 Pts, Giant Bow, 5 Skink Crew @ [0] Pts
    2 Salamander Hunting Packs @ 130 Pts

Casting Pool: 6
    Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 87

total Army Cost: 1995

Suggestions!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I find lists written like this very hard to read. It's a little bunched up

You don't need to write the weapons of a unit if they come as standard. Your list might be a little easier for people to read if it was written like this

Sacred host of Quetzl - 2k points

Oldblood - LA, shield, burning blade of chotec, Aura of Quetzl, bs of Itzl, rides a cold one

Scar vet - LA, shield, sword of might

Skink Priest - Level 2

Skink Priest - Level 2, scout

15 Skinks

15 Skinks

10 Skinks - scouts

14 Saurus warriors - full command

13 Saurus warriors - full command

5 Kroxigor

2 Salamanders

1 Steg

I haven't included the bs of Quetzl as its a quetzl list and the models have to be given it anyway. Nor have i included any of the points, people who comment on this list are more than likely going to know the points cost for each unit anyway.

I'm not trying to be condacending, simply that i see lists written like this all the time, and i for one am more likely to reply if i don't have to put my face two inches from the screen in order to actually see what is written in the list.

As for the list itself, it seems pretty strong to me. Quetzl seems to be the favoured host to play. I think characters work the best in units, and so i might be temped to stick the oldblood on foot and use the extra points for the bs of tepok to give you an extra dispel dice. Just my opinion though

Have fun

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acutally he is with a unit. Characters on mounts can join on the side of a unit instead of the middle. This allows him to break away and charge once he gets close enough. That was my plan (Keep with the unit but have the option to break and charge)

I was wondering, whats the rules for stubborn. I know I should not ask directly but I thought it meant they had a leadership of 10 when enguaged. Less likly to break. Everyone says you hae to watch for the stegadon to break. I will double check the rules when I find my book (But I think I lost it during the move :-( )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with stonehambey to an extent with list construction, however I like to see the cost of the unit as I'm lazy(and forgetfull when it comes to costs of spawnings).

About your list, I personally am not a big fan of the burning blade unless your against flamable opponents. I'd also split the two units of 15 skinks into three units of 10. You still have enough points for another spawning of quetzl I believe. I've never tried a unit of 5 krox but it looks too wide for my liking. I'd drop one and throw some more saurus in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, changed to a unit of 4 krox's and 3 unit's of 10 skinks. But what should I do with the extra 58 points?

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I wish stubborn meant they had ld of 10! Unfortunately it simply means you don't suffer any modifiers to your leardership when you take break tests.

I knew characters on mounts could join infantry units, but i've never heard of them being stuck on the "side" of a unit, do you have a reference for that? Either way he can still be picked out by shooting even if he's in a unit of infantry

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he is attached to a unit I did not think he could be picked out. It's in the rulebook. If the character cannot fit into the unit he can be 'attached' to the side. May be from an older edition though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually because your character is on a mount and the unit isn't it can be picked out, so maybe you should not put it on a cold one. With the 58 points maybe get some dispells scrolls or the diadem of power.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

aisanavatar is correct, if he is on a mount he can still be picked out in a unit.

I also agree that some dispel scrolls wouldn't go amiss

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he isnt on a mount , then there will also be more points .

then get some more saurus :w00t : . 14 in a unit is just not enough in a 2k list .

if anyone helps you with an army list or rules/fluff , then give them some rep

http://s2.bitefight.dk/c.php?uid=19914

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast