2500pt Lizardmen (Tournie) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500pt Lizardmen (Tournie)

Ohk 3 weeks from now i'll be playing in myfirst tournement with lizardmen so i've put together this list. It's been built upon the list i posted (By the way, i versed a tomb king player with it and absolutly creamed him!!!!) Just one question for all experienced players, is buying all the troop leaders (braves, ancients and so on) worth it?If not i'll get rid of them for more skinks or another krox. And as i only have 3 week to paint the new additions, posting quickly would be nice!!:yes:

Lords.

Saurus oldblood +145
    -BSO Itzl
    -BSO Sotek +
    -BSO Quetzl +
    -Carnosaur +
    -Light armour +
    -Scimitar of the sun resplendent +
    -The maiming shield +
    Total: 478pts.

Skink Priest.
    -Extra magic Lvl +
    -Cloak of feathers +
    -Total: 130pts.

Skink Priest.
    -Extra magic Lvl +
    -Cloak of feathers +
    -Dispel scroll +
    Total: 155pts.

Total character cost: 753pts.

Troops.

Saurus warriors 16
    -Full command +
    Total: 222pts.

Saurus warriors 16
    -Full command +
    -BSO Tepok +
    Total: 252pts.

Saurus warriors 16
    -Full command +
    -Spears +
    Total 254pts.

Skink skirmishers 16
    -scouts +
    -brave+
    -Javelin/shield +
    Total:117

Skink skirmishers 16
    -brave+
    -Blowpipe/hand weapon +-0
    Total: 101

Skink skirmishers 15
    -brave+
    -Javelin/shield +-0
    Total: 95

Total Troops cost: 1041pts

Special units.

Kroxigor 3
    -Ancient +
    Total:

Terradons 4
    -Brave
    Total: 150pts.

Chameleon skinks 10
    -Stalker
    Total: 156pts.

Total Special troops cost: 500pts.

Rare units.

Salamander hunting packs 3
    Total:

Total Rare units cost:

Total army points: 2499pts.

EDITome point totals removed. Please do not post totals that reveal the per model / item cost. Thanks. ~DavidVC04

Last edited by DavidWC09; July 14th, 2006 at 14:35.
    A couple ways to drive store people mad!
    1. When speakers come on, curl up in a ball and shout "I can hear the voices again"
    2. Go into a change room, wait a while, then yell "Hey, where's the toilet paper?"
    Get to work!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey the only champions i would have would be for my saurus units, the rest are just abit pointless, though some like kroxigor ancient i find it abit much. Standard and musicians are important though especially the standard.

Just a few points, i would reduce the size of your skink units to 10-13, 16 is quite big to hide and manauver and it gets into the realm of high points, and don't forget these are skinks so, if one unit gets in a bad situation it could either drop like flies or run and possibly panic others. The philosophy i have with skinks is use 3x10 units rather than 2x15 (im not saying nessisarily that thats just an example), beause they are soo vunerable to psychology and any hits, having the extra 5 doesn't make much difference but atleast if one unit of 10 is destroyed you still have 2 other units of 10.

You have two cloak of feathers this is ilegal, i would swap one for a diadem of power.
    Technically a saurus unit with a mark is special

Reduce the chamelions (sorry if i spelt that wrong), to a smaller number, the way i tend to use these guys is place them somewhere they might die soon but know that they have small enough points and big enough power to be more than worth it. These guys can be great for taking out vunerable units, but i think if you have too many points invested in the unit it kinda compramises this role as it doesn't allow them to be sacrificed. Also don't forget their extra BS means they get to use poison most of the time aswell as multipul shots, which normal skinks rarely get to do unless they are stationary.

The only other thing i would say is a matter of personal preference, and that is theres alot of points in your saurus character as you can probably tell i don't like investing alot of poins in one thing, but thats up to you it certainly can be a good unit.

With the extra points i would suggest marks of tepoc, one instead of the mark of quetzl because your oldblood is already pretty tough with his T and a 2+ save, and maybe one and another mark for a saurus unit (though this isn't nessisary). The reason for this is you will have 7 dispell dice which should be enough to counter any magic heavy army (which incidentally could mean you dont need that scroll), but if you needed more with the diadem you could have 9 (because if you really need 9 DD you aren't gunna need PD as your opponenet will probably be able to dispell your spells), Also if you dont need all those 7 dispell dice you can really get your shamans working nicely with 8 powerdice. (sorry to those who are reading this i know i pitch this idea to alot of people, but i think its a good one, also 2 LvL2 realistically might not do much in a 2500pts army but this could give them the edge). Anyway if you have any left i would advise more saurus (don't be afraid to use small units of saurus if you haven't enough points, aslong as you have some big saurus units to back them up they can work nicely.)
    Last edited by Elannion; June 29th, 2006 at 00:17.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

What's all this talk of "marks"? We be the mighty lizardmen not the evil forces of chaos!

I would drop the braves and also still try and get those saurus up to 20 a piece.

Terradons are ok and useful against siege artillary but apart from that they tend to die, so if you need points my choice would be to drop them as well

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry they used to call them marks in 5th edition when they did nothing.

Sorry to contradict you but i wouldn't drop the terradons, because although he has some chamo skinks, their two jobs aren't entirely the same and i think the terradons are likely to last longer incase the chamos die or want to be on a target the other side. 4 terradons i think is a good number, 3 terradons might die fast and be useless but i think 4 shouldn't have that problem unless you leave them open or charge them into something they can't handle (incidentally though terradons can be good in combat), personally i use 5 terradons. Also the thing i like about terradons is if they have furfilled their job they can then join combat if you wish and often they can do quite well. Also don't forget to throw your javalins.

I think your point is probably partially valid just i don't think it applys to bigger units, i mean they can die but remember they automatically fall back if they loose, so keep it to the artillary, small unit, skirmishing/bowmen units or mage hunting. Obviously they are vunerable but aslong as you use them wisely and not rashly they can work.

Sorry i don't mean to be argumentative or anything its just i do feel terradons are one of the 4 special choices that you know are worth it, krox are pretty much the same (though some people debate that), but terradons seem to be something that really can work. Remember fast cavalry can be killed easily, but that doesn't stop it from often being a very powerful unit in the game.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Elannion
    Sorry they used to call them marks in 5th edition when they did nothing.
    No worries, i sold my 5th ed. on ages ago, so i've more than likely forgotten a lot of things.

Sorry i don't mean to be argumentative or anything
    Don't worry about it, this forum would be pretty dead if we all thought the same thing I'm just not a fan of terradons myself.

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohk, well i've made a whole heap of changes(won't list them yet as i'm still onlly updating mine) I've gotten rid of the braves and ancients and i am tossing up whether or not to beef up my saurus units ar add another... Also another thing, if i get rid of my oldblood and with a little bit of tweaking i'll be able to get a fully tooled-up Slann. Magic or Muscle? Advice needed.
    1. When speakers come on, curl up in a ball and shout "I can hear the voices again"
    2. Go into a change room, wait a while, then yell "Hey, where's the toilet paper?"
    Get to work!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

Magic or Muscle? Advice needed.
    This is the big question:ninja:

I'm working on a combat army atm which works in a similar way to a khornate army. So i don't get screwed over in the magic phase.

Also if someone knows you're going to play LM then they will have to prepare for the slann, so if you go offensive magic light you could surprise them

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohk well here is the updated army list. I chose to go muscle so i put in a few more tepoks. The only thing is i ran out of special slots so i had to get another spawning to take up my remaining rare slot instead. Which meant i had to strip the oldblood of his special shield. Other than that, i've only gotten rid of the leaders in the skink and kroxigor units, put in another skink unit and beefed up the saurus(hopefully that beef will not be eaten by the opposition). By the way, in the tournie i'll be playing 7 games. 2 against dwarfs(terradons + chamelions will be used a lot here) 1 against a chaos khornate player, 3 against undead(1 tomb king, 2 vampire) and finally, 1 against an ogre player. The ogre army i'll just bombard with skinky death-darts which hopefully will send a few units running(low leadership) and i've played undead before so i should be right there. But it's the chaos that has me most worried. Hints and advice on how to wipe them all over the floor would be nice

Lords.

Saurus oldblood +
    -BSO Itzl +
    -BSO Sotek +
    -Carnosaur +
    -Light armour
    -Scimitar of the sun resplendent +
    -Enchanted Shield +
    Total: 443pts.

Skink Priest.
    -Extra magic Lvl +
    -Cloak of feathers +
    -Total: 130pts.

Skink Priest.
    -Extra magic Lvl +
    -Diadem of power
    Total: 135pts.

Total character cost: 708pts.

Troops.

Saurus warriors 20
    -Full command
    Total: 270pts.

Saurus warriors 18
    -Full command
    -BSO Tepok
    Total: 276pts. (Special)

Saurus warriors 18
    -Full command
    -BSO Quetzl +
    -BSO Tepok +
    -Spears +
    Total 342pts. (Rare)

Skink skirmishers 12
    -scouts +
    - Blowpipe/hand weapon +
    Total: 84pts.

Skink skirmishers 12
    -Blowpipe/hand weapon +-
    Total:

Skink skirmishers 12
    -Javelin/shield +-
    Total:

Skink skirmishers 12
    -Javelin/shield +-0
    Total:

Total Troops cost: 1194pts

Special units.

Kroxigor 3
    Total: s.

Terradons 4
    Total:

Chameleon skinks 6
    Total:

Total Special troops cost: 404pts.

Rare units.

Salamander hunting packs 3
    Total:

Total Rare units cost: ts.

Total army points: 2501pts.

EDIT: Please read the (Army List Posting Rules)rules about posting army lists. ~DavidVC04
    Last edited by DavidWC09; July 14th, 2006 at 14:39.
    Get to work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a good point about the enchanted sheild its cheaper than quetzl i don't think i ever noticed that (shows how much attention i pay). One thing is how do you plan to arrange your 18 units, 6 might be abit wide with saurus bases but i dunno saying that.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

If this is, as you say, a tournament list then you're gonna have to drop a skink or something to get it below 2500pts

Ciao

Stonehambey

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast