2000pts Friendly Host of Quetzl - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Friendly Host of Quetzl

Ok this is my 2000pts army list your advice will be appreciated.
    Lord Choices:
    Slann
    4th Gen., Diadem of Power, Plaque of Tepok, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, Standard Bearer, War Banner. 515
    Hero Choices:
    Scar Veteran
    Blessed Spawning of Quetzl, Blessed Spawning of Itzl, Light Armour, Rides a Cold One, Great Weapon, Glyph Neclace. 164
    Skink Priest
    Blessed Spawning of Quetzl, Level 2 Mage, Scouts Special Rule 115
    Core Choices:
    20 Saurus
    Full Comand, Blessed Spawning of Quetzl 300
    12 Skink Skirmishers to go with Skink Priest
    Blessed Spawning of Quetzl, Jav and Shield, Scouts 89
    12 Skink Skirmishers
    Blessed Spawning of Quetzl, Blowpipes and Hand Weapons 77
    Special Choices:
    16 Saurus the Slanns bodyguards
    Full Command, Blessed Spawnings of Tlazatcol and Quetzl 272
    7 Coldone Cavalry to go with Scar Veteran
    Champion and Standard 295
    3 Kroxigors

I'm thinking if it would be a better idear for a army with a slann to drop the cold ones and drop the cold one scar vet to just put him in another unit of saurus.

Total: 2001pts

Last edited by Sammy the Squib; July 17th, 2006 at 19:41. Reason: Simple division can reveal some points costs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the list is illegal. When you give the saurus warriors a bs they become special choices. When you give them 2, they become rare choices. And IIRC the skink priest can't take the bs of quetzl and the skinks can't take any mark. If who you are playing will allow this, then nm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a sacred host of Quetzl, your allowed, and infact have to give the spawning to skinks. Otherwise there wouldn't be 2 much of a point putting it on a priest, as soon as he comes underfire, he's probably dead.

Anyway, It's a great list. It's a bit lacking in skinks(I like to see at least 30), but I dunno if you need them as much in a Quetzle list. I would switch up your skink's weapons though. Usually people give scouting skinks blowpipes and screening one javs and shields. And if your up against any S3 shooting, you will notice that 5+ save against shooting.

If you did plan on dropping the cold ones, I would add some sallies. When using a slann and a body guard it's probably a good idea to keep a portion of your army static(more time for magicy goodness to be effective), the salamanders could help by reducing your oponents numbers before he makes it to you. Of course, if you manage to get a flank charge with the cold ones, they may take out the entire unit(auto break), so it's really w/e you like.

+ Reply to Thread