1250 tourny list vs drawf!! HELP ME PLEAS!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250 tourny list vs drawf!! HELP ME PLEAS!!

hey guys im back for more help the thing is this tourny is againts 3 people skaven, drawf, and empire i can beat skaven and empire but the drawf allways beat me..

on a 48 inch table all he basicly has is a bolt thrower a canon 13 crossbow guy (i thihnk they called thunderers).. 10 handgunners, an ogre canon then he has 2 units of some kinda drawf fighters in front ...... alllll heeee deos is points an d shoots .. i have no time to get there and when i reach him ive sufferd to much and his core kills me.. now ill tell you what i usually use and why .. i would really like if you guys told me what way i can own his cannons

saurus scar vet
    light armor, shield
    great wep
    bs quetzl, charm of jag
    ==128==

2x skink priest
    ex lvl
    ====
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    15 sarus// standard
    bs quetzl, shield & spears
    ==252==

10 skink blowpipe
    ====

12 skink jav &shield
    ====

12 skink jav &shield
    ====
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    4 krozigor's
    greatweps
    ====

stegadon
    ====

total point 1249

basicly what i do is a meat shield woth the skinks so my army can move in but he then deos this.... trys to anihalate a whole units of skinks making panic check to all around targets my steg him being large target usually kills it and he then just own the rest of my army i have an idea of what you guys might say ( loose steg and put in terradons for cannons?? anyway i just hope you guys can put your sage advice on this forum and help me i wanna own his smug ass acting all proud that all he deos is point and demolish

thanks again guys for the help and sorry for any typos ass well as mistakes in ppoint or brakeing rules if i have..

Edit: Please don't post point values which can give away pts/model, thanks - Stonehambey

Last edited by Sammy the Squib; July 22nd, 2006 at 21:31.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Please try to type better English. I don't see how this can be so difficult for some people.

So a dwarf gunline eh? Pretty frustrating army to play against.

Try a JSoD in a unit of saurus, he can charge out when need be and can't be individually targeted by your opponent's shooty.

A Skink chief with cloak of feathers in a unit of skinks can be used to similar effect

Be careful with terradons, if you put them in range of his shooting they will become paste pretty quickly, i actually wouldn't take them.

Anyway i hope you do well

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how bout adding some more scouts... they won't do much against dwarf warriors (high armor save) but you could easily take out the war machines with them. yeah, dont take the terradons, cause theyll die easy from the dwarf handgunners canons and other shooty stuff.
    maybe you could also charge with your scouts into the dwarf thunderers (the handgunners) so they can't shoot for a turn. this might work...
    maybe take more saurus warriors, kroxigors or saurus cavalry.
    :hmm:
    you know, who actually reads these things?

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by arysun
    maybe you could also charge with your scouts into the dwarf thunderers (the handgunners) so they can't shoot for a turn. this might work...
    The skinks would have to be very lucky to hold for a turn against Dwarf thunderers.

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good point.... well, anyway, i hope you do well, and beat the dwarves!!!!!! good luck!! (Y)
    you know, who actually reads these things?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shoot em back

I would have to say take some chameleon skinks, take 6-9 and the stalker as well.
    Unless he is super careful about deploying you can usually slap them down behind/beside the cannon and bolt thrower, then they can work on the thunderers/quarrellers.
    The best part is if they turn around to shoot or chop the chameleons, they die for the rest of your lizzies and if they don't they get shoot some stuntys.
    2 shots each, BS 4 hahaha
    Peace, lurks in the Jungle...

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Slann mage Tokes
    I would have to say take some chameleon skinks, take 6-9 and the stalker as well.
    Unless he is super careful about deploying you can usually slap them down behind/beside the cannon and bolt thrower, then they can work on the thunderers/quarrellers.
    The best part is if they turn around to shoot or chop the chameleons, they die for the rest of your lizzies and if they don't they get shoot some stuntys.
    2 shots each, BS 4 hahaha
    This is a very good point.

I love using my chameleons this way, not only can they kill war machines and the like turn one but they are also a pain in the butt for your opponent. Even better when he has frenzied units:shifty:

Ciao

Stonehambey

+ Reply to Thread