2 2000pts armys - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 2000pts armys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 2000pts armys

Hey i have made up 2 2000pts i will put my normal one first and a kinda variation type thing of it up after. c= champion s=standard

Lvl 1 shaman
    Diadem

10 skink scouts
    10 skink scouts

10 skinks
    10 skinks

15 Saurus c/s
    15 Saurus c/s
    10 Saurus c/s

5 cold one riders s

3 Kroxigors
    3 Kroxigors

5 Terradons

2 Salamanders

1 stegadon
    1992pts
    I was possibly going to go for two stegadons in this one instead of the salamanders and 10 saurus, though i dont think thats probably the best idea , i just think the sight of two steggies would be crazy. The skinks will be armed with a mix of options, the scouts probably will have blow pipes where as the screening ones (non scouting) will have javalins. This was basically taken from an idea of having lots of scary units such as saurus and kroxigors and cold one riders. The terradons are 5 because i think 3 is too little for their normal role as often some get killed but 5 allows them to be quite a force to be reconed with in combat too. The lvl one will be using his diadem to get 5 dispell dice unless its really unnessisary (no wizards left).

Right the next one is a slightly magic heavy list.

Lvl 2 shaman
    Diadem
    Lvl2 Shaman
    Lvl2 Shaman

15 Saurus c/s
    15 Saurus c/s

10 scouting skinks
    10 scouting skinks

10 skinks
    10 skinks

5 cold one riders (possibly switch for some kroxigors)

3 kroxigors

5 Chamo skinks

5 terradons

1 stegadon

2 salamanders
    1993 pts
    this is pretty similar to the other list really just more magic and i have the chamo skinks. the chamo skinks are there in a small number which has worked for me in the past, they are used just as sacrificial kill anything while you can sorta unit mostly (good for taking out war machines and such).

I know i will get calls for dispell scrolls but i dont think thats nessisary, i mean if the heavy magic list can't cope with 5 dispell dice then it probablywon't be able to cast much either so i can top that up to 7 DD.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lack of shamans in the first list makes me nervous. Also, I'd consolidate the three units of saurus into two.

In my experience, salamanders work best in groups of three.

I like the second list better than the first; it's close to what I'd use.

But, that's just my opinion. All in all, interesting (and most likely exciting to play) choices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea of the first one is to be minimal on the use of characters, i feel 5 dispell dice is alright i mean its more than the average (well from my experience most people have 4). I think salamanders probably do work best in groups of 3, the main reason i have 2 is because i only have 2 models, but also i dunno where else i would want to get the points from for it. The only real tactical reason though that i can see against having 3 is that A) they can be abit to powerful (which annoys opponents) and that you have more killing but you also have more chance of the skinks being eaten which could make the unit abit vunerable. But i do agree 3 salamanders can be extreamly potent. The extra saurus are there mainly because i had points left over, i don't know if 10 will be that great but i am not sure if they will be worth as much just as back ends of the unit.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I agree that the saurus should be combined into two units of 20. Could use that extra combat res, especially seeing as they aren't led by a character

Ciao

Stonehambey

+ Reply to Thread