2000 pt. lizardmen list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt. lizardmen list

Lords and heroes:
    2 skink priests w/ 2nd level upgrade =

Core:
    20 saurus warriors w/ standard bearer, and champion = 264
    20 saurus warriors w/ standard bearer, spawning of sotek, and champion = 294
    20 saurus warriorsw/ standard bearer, spears, and champion = 304
    15 skinks =

Special:
    8 kroxigor =
    10 saurus cavalry w/ standard bearer, and champion = 390

total = 2006

Last edited by Sammy the Squib; September 2nd, 2006 at 20:07.
    "We are the Ultramarines," called Uriel. "And no foe can stand against us while we keep faith with the emperor." - Brother-Captain Uriel Ventris of the Ultramarines Fourth Company.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, I'd split the kroxigor unit to give you more flexibility, you already have the cavalry to auto break stuff, and what if they have more tough units that need cracking than just two or three? you lose a lot of mobility in those large units.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Ok first of all drop a skink to bring the total to 2k points exactly.

I love the large unit of krox! My suggestion would be to tone it down to 6 big and try to find some room for a tougher general. A skink priest general is 100 easy victory points

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before your even think about taking any skink priests you need to get at least the same amount of skink skirmishers as you have units of saurus, and Saurus scar-veteran -protect your saurus, at the end of the day they're what win the game for you. Also, i find kroxigor to work great in units of three, so if you can get the points - or models then split them up more. Thirdly, drop the unit of Saurus cavalry to Six models and use the points elsewhere. Slaan are great, and in my opinion every lizardmen army that can should have one. If you can, try an army along the lines of this:

Slaan, third generation spawning, plaque of something (one of the 50pt ones) with a unit of 16 temple guard
    20 saurus - Sotek?
    20 saurus - Sotek? - if these both have sotek then take some more skinks
    10 skinks
    10 skinks
    3 or 4kroxigor
    3 or 4 kroxigor
    6 cold one riders
    And, if the points will allow it, another skink priest or a Scar-veteran.This is a very loosely pointed list. It may be a lot over 2000pts

I can see what you were going to do with the unit of 8 kroxigor though
    Last edited by Equilibrator; September 2nd, 2006 at 20:23. Reason: Spelling Error
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardy_Wierdy View Post
    Claymore equipped guard? Dont be absurd. They are getting frag grenades and six feet of string instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with 7th edition EVERY slann should be second gen. The extra die per spell is an immense advantage now that mages can only use their own dice.

temple guard are a very expensive unit considering their actual uses, I'd opt for saurus. plus they cost a lot of $$$

you can't have 5 special units in 2000, so only one saurus unit could take sotek max.

a big unit of CoR works wonders for auto breaking, 6 just won't do the job. and if you're going to reduce the squad, take it all the way down to 5, the last model will just make the unit less manuverable.

and I don't think he was asking for us to write him a whole new army list, just to critique the one he has up right now......

(btw chuffles, I just noticed that you posted three 2000 point army lists for three different armys, are you just trying to decide which one to play or do you already have all three?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh sorry I probably should have specified that, I don't even play Fantasy, all of these are for 2 of my friends that don't have computers, I play Codex Catachans and Gondor, but I am thinking about getting fantasy in which case my choices are Empire, Bretonnia, Vampire Counts, or maybe Skaven
    "We are the Ultramarines," called Uriel. "And no foe can stand against us while we keep faith with the emperor." - Brother-Captain Uriel Ventris of the Ultramarines Fourth Company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and I'm gonna start Daemonhunters soon, that's why I'm trying a lot of lists in the daemonhunters army list section.

+ Reply to Thread