Help With My 600 Point Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help With My 600 Point Army?

Hi guys, I'm rather new to LM (and miniatures altogether), so I'm going to need help with my first army. I know the models I bought probably weren't the best, but there's reasoning behind that, which I'll get to in a second. Adaptability will be key.

15 Saurus Warriors
    Musician
    Standard Bearer (198 pts total)

13 Saurus Warriors
    Musician
    Standar Bearer (174 pts total)

5 Cold One Riders
    Musician
    Standard Bearer (205 pts total)

4 Skink Skirmishers (24 pts total)

Total: 601 Pts

Again, I realize this isn't the best army list, but my local store had a very limited selection (the CoR were most basic thing they had =S), so I ordered some models online.

What I'm asking is: How should I set up my army? What are it's pros and cons? What should I look out for? How can I make it most effective?

If you need any more information or something, just ask.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You had probably better start with the army book as your list is illegal for a couple of reasons:

Firstly, you need a character to lead your army. A Scar-Veteran would be a sound selection for this list.

Secondly, Skinks need to have at least 10 in a unit. They are a good option, so don't be scared off by this.

As for the overall army list, with the new rules, you'll want your Saurus Warrior units to be the right size to take advantage of the new Rank size rules. 15 or 20, including a Character is a good number. To fit everything in to 600 points, I would stick with one unit of Saurus Warriors at this stage and add the others in as you expand to 1000 points.

Lizardmen are a great choice of army and I hope that you enjoy them. Some people find that the Saurus Cavalry work for them, some don't, but in time you'll want to add in some of the other Special and Rare choices available to you.
    W/L/D
    Dwarfs 20/12/4
    Skaven 8/6/3
    Lizardmen 5/4/2
    Chaos 6/4/0
    Empire 3/1/1
    Wood Elves 2/0/1
    Bretonnians 0/2/1
    Orcs & Goblins 0/1/0
    Next Army - Tomb Kings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Yeh, your army list needs a character or two.

I would suggest bulking one saurus regiment to 20 models and dropping the other in favour of a scar-veteran or skink priest.

As for the skinks, Pokey is correct again, bulk that unit up a little.

having skirmishers with poisoned weapons in a real small game will be really useful.

The CoR are good, they fill the role of hard hitting unit, though saurus warriors with a scar-vet are just as nasty really.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, yes, sorry about that. I forgot about some of the rules and jumped the gun.

I just got 10 Skinks in the mail today, so I'll fix everything. Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

600 Points is a bit odd for an army list. Most low-level matches are 500 points or 750. Of course this doesn't matter if your list is built for friendly matches. As others mentioned, your list is illegal at this point but nevertheless heres some advice:

Since its such a low point game, a nice Scar-Veteran without any magical weapon would bolster your SW unit or if you feel like putting him on a cold-one (which I would rather not since it would make the CoR unit be over 50% of your points). Don't go out just to buy a Scar-Veteran model if its unavailable since a small conversion on your plastic SW would suffice.

Skinks, they're great. Since you're getting 10 in the mail, a unit of 10 would be a nice screen. CoR are nice on the charge, one of the hardest hitting calvary after them pesky Chaos Knights. I would recommend dropping that unit of 13 SW since you're getting a Scar-Vet and an additional 6 skinks. If you want to expand the list to 750 points, either get a block of 15 SW (Scar-Vet goes here) and a flanking unit of 10 SW or get one large block of 20/24 SW (Scar-Vet goes here).

A nice list overall, perhaps a unit of kroxies or some sallies will bolster your list to 1000 points. And don't forget those skink priests at home.
    Currently Playing:
    WHFB: Warbands/Border Patrol

Battlelog: Lizardmen
    W/L/D
    7/5/8

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Thou shalt put army lists in the army list forum.

(Who needs Charlton Heston?)

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't an army list. o.o

Hell, it's not even legal. Please move it back.

Thanks for all the help guys. Working on making a facy Scar-Vet now.

+ Reply to Thread