1000pt Noob List- Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Noob List- Friendly

Hey guys, happy new year. Im trying to make an army list, but im unable to post 1 on the army list thread section due to the fact that i need to add tags or a tag and there is no blank spot. So i have decided to put it here and hope a moderator will move it.

Ok here we go. I was trying to make a good list against dark elves considering thats what my friend plays.

Heroes

Saurus Scar Veteran
    Light Armour
    Great Weapon
    Blessed Spawning of Quetzl- 106

Skink Priest
    Level 2
    Dispell Scroll- 125

Core

10 Skinks- 60

10 Skinks- 60

20 Saurus Warriors
    Full Command- 270

12 Saurus Warriors
    Full Command- 174

Rare

3 Salamander Hunting Packs- 195

Total- 990, 10 points to maybe use for a common magic item on my scar vet or something.

Your opinions and responses are greatly appreciated so go on and on

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is bunny. Copy bunny and paste him into ur signatures to help him on his way to world domination!

Whitey-Chan!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

*Moved to Army lists.

Looks like a solid list =)

Ciao

Stonehambey

Member Slann Mage Priest Ixibain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would change the unit of 20 saurus to have spears. I would also, depending on your friend's army buy another dispel scroll for your skink priest. Get rid of 1 salamander to get the points for that. i would also buy your scar vet an enchantd sheild for those remaining ten points as it will keep him alive. Otherwise the list is good.

Slann Mage Priest Ixibain

Normal sized text is quite adequate thanks ~ Stonehambey
    Last edited by Sammy the Squib; January 1st, 2007 at 19:59.
    The Slann Are Unstopable!!!
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

I would take away the full command from the 12 saurus, maybe just leave a musician, and use this unit for baiting and flanking. basicaly you either let your main block of saurus get charge, then counter charge with your block of 12 on the flank, or use your block of 12 to get some one to charge, then retreat, and charge with your large block of saurus, try to angle so you can get a flank charge on him. The musican will come in handy for rallying that unit that fled to.

With the points saved from taking away the command on the saurus unit you can now scout both units of skinks. these can march block units, pepper them with missile fire, and even charge in the rear, I would only do this against weak units and use skinks with javalins and shield since they have a nice save in combat.

Another great Idea would be to take the charm of the jaguar on your scar vet and let him go with the salamanders, shoot most of the time with them, but get close so your scar vet can charge out and hit warmachines, wizards who are on there own, or charge the whole unit into the flank of another unit, since they count as monsters they will ignore your opponents ranks, and with 3 salamanders and a scar vet, you can get some good kills in there. to make points for this you could make the unit of 12 saurus down to 10.

Other than these few helpfull hints, your army looks good, it's similar to the one I have been using for a while now, but instead of the priest I have 2 scar vets, 3 marks of tepoc's for magic defence, and minus the 12 saurus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres My new list, only a few changes, but i took it all into consideration.

Saurus Scar-Vet
    Light Armour
    Great Weapon
    Blessed Spawning of Quetzl
    Jaguar Charm- 126

Skink Priest
    Level 2
    2xDispell Scrolls- 150

10 Scouting Skinks- 70

10 Scouting Skinks- 70

10 Saurus Warriors
    Musician- 126

20 Saurus Warriors
    Full Command- 270

3 Salamander Hunting Packs- 195

This comes out to 1007pts and i dont think he will care about an extra 7pts. Just for more advice, my friend has posted his army list on the Dark Elves army list section his name is Flameseeker574 and he has the 1k army list vs lizards and brets.
    Last edited by Wiggily_Jiggily_:); January 2nd, 2007 at 04:46.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is bunny. Copy bunny and paste him into ur signatures to help him on his way to world domination!

Whitey-Chan!!!

Blood & Souls for Khaine! flameseeker574's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggily_Jiggily_:) View Post
    This comes out to 1007pts and i dont think he will care about an extra 7pts. Just for more advice, my friend has posted his army list on the Dark Elves army list section his name is Flameseeker574 and he has the 1k army list vs lizards and brets.
    hmmm... 7 points over well i guess ill post the link to my list so people don't have to go looking for it http://209.200.246.44/~librariu/foru...ad.php?t=86552

+ Reply to Thread