2000 Points Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

2000 Points Tournament

Ok, i've just started play testing for the Warhammer GT later this year and i'm working with 2 rather different lists right now, and here they are:

List 1)

Lord
    Slann
    2nd Gen
    Plaque Of divine protection
    Cupped Hands Of The Old Ones
    BSB
    Sun Standard Of Chotec

Hero
    Skink Priest
    Level 2 Wizard
    Cube Of Darkness

Skink Priest
    Level 2 Wizard
    Dispell Scroll
    Dispell Scroll
    Core
    Skinks x10
    Scouts

Skinks x10
    Scouts

Skinks x10
    Scouts

Skinks x10
    Scouts

Skinks x10

Skinks x10

Temple Guard 16
    Full Command
    Shields
    Special
    Chameleon Skinks x10

Rare
    x3 Salimanders

List 2)

Lord
    Slann
    4th Gen
    Divine Protection
    Plaque Of Tepok
    BSB
    Sun Standard

Hero
    Skink Priest
    Level 2 Wizard
    Cube Of Darkness

Skink Priest
    Level 2 Wizard
    Dispell Scroll
    Dispell Scroll

Core
    Skinks x10

Skinks x10

Skinks x10

Skinks x10

Skinks x10

Skinks x10

Special
    Chameleon Skinks x10

Kroxigor x4

Kroxigor x4

Rare
    Stegadon

Thanks

Von

{goofy}

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

My advice is to sit down, have a couple of deep breaths and try and approach your army list from a different perspective.

If i faced that in a tournament not only would i give you ZERO for comp (if the TO already hasn't) but I would crush you as would army that was played by a limp wristed heathen having a bad day.

Sorry if it is a bit harsh but sometimes even the best of us need a good hard slap.

Some quality advice;

- if fielding a 2nd generation Slann include no other magic users, not because it does not work but it helps you keep your friends.

- nothing but skinks for core is cool IF they're cohorts.

- 8 Krox and a Steg does not make a battle line, nor does 16 temple guard and Steg.

Drop both Skink Priests, half the chameleon unit, 10-20 odd skinks and you could afford a unit of saurus warriors to accompany your krox or temple guard. It'll give you some meat, red meat.

Cheers

Origin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Really? Wow. Well when testing today I played the first list, but dropped the Steggadon in favour of 3 Sali's. This also left me with 40 Points. I made 4 of the Units of skinks Scouts, and had 1 skink priest deploy with 1 unit and the other with the Sali's. This meant that in 2000 points I was only deploying 4 units, and then another 5 as scouts. It allowed me to walk right near the mages/shootiness and they made a lot flee in the first turn.

I've taken the 2 skinks purely for Second Sign/Portent of Far and Forked Lighting/Thunderbolt if they role it. This when cast on the Slann it means he gets to re-role his roles of a 1 to wound with all his magic missles. If I get the first one off on the slann i'll then give the second Portent to the Sali's.

As the Slann will take the 4 No.1 shooty spells from Fire/Death/Metal & Light he will be using one of his dice + his free one to cast. He will then use the two army dice + free dice to try and negate an enemy wizard with drain magic. This effectively means the army gets:

2 Power Dice for Each magic missle and the Slann uses 1 + Free dice (total 8 Power)

3 Power Dice for Drain magic (2 army + free dice)

and 4 dice for the Skink Priests.

That's a total of 15 power dice, with the Slann gettig +1 to Cast. I fought both a combat army and shooty army at my store and robbed them both with that. Remeber, this list is not about making friends, it's about getting to the Final of the GT (also remeber there's no point system for army composition). Normally I would never field anything like this as i'm not a beard player at heart, I play for fun, but only a fool goes to a GT without asperations of winning or at least making the Final.

...Having said all that I will take into account your advice, and I agree with the Kroxigors. Perhaps a 4th Gen and take 2 units of 3 Sali's. That's 6 Artillery dice worth of hits?

+ Reply to Thread