2000Pnt Lizardmen List - Critics Encouraged - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000Pnt Lizardmen List - Critics Encouraged

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forums, thought I would sign up for some ideas on my Lizards. I'm relatively new to playing with them; actually i'm relatively new to the game. Bottom line is, I love my Lizards ^_^. I recently came into a lot of models and have created what I think is a pretty balanced list. Tell me what you think. It's a little wordy, so bear with me.

Nightmare of The Alleviator 2000 Pts - Lizardmen Army

1 * Saurus Oldblood (Skittles...Taste the Rainbow B*#$!) @ 502 Pts
    General; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield; Itzl; Quetzl; Sotek
    Aura of Quetzl
    Blade of Revered Tzunki

1 Carnosaur (Chopper)

1 * Saurus Scar-Veteran (Quetz Never Quits) @ 163 Pts
    Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield; Tepok
    Sword of Striking
    Charm of the Jaguar Warrior

1 Skink Priest (Alaka-BAM!) @ 135 Pts
    Magic Level 2; Lore of Heaven
    Diadem of Power

19 Saurus Warriors @ 270 Pts
    Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Champion

12 Skink Skirmishers @ 72 Pts
    Blowpipe

12 Skink Skirmishers @ 72 Pts
    Blowpipe

3 Kroxigors @ 174 Pts
    Great Weapon

8 Saurus Cavalry @ 310 Pts
    Spear; Shield; Standard; Musician

8 Cold One

3 Salamander Hunting Packs @ 195 Pts

9 Skink Handlers

3 Terradons @ 105 Pts
    Javelin

Casting Pool: 4

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 73

Total Army Cost: 1998

The basic idea of the army is a well rounded force that may tackle any opponent. I swoop down on war machines with my terradons, the salamanders take hordes out or double up if i need to kill a war machine real bad and make good backup support if i need a flank charge desperately. I march up with the saurus and have the scar vet in the unit just in case an unsuspecting wizard walks past that thinks he's out of charge range and spring the jaguar pendant on him or alternatively use it to tie up units so the kroxigors and saurus can get a good charge. Kroxigors, other than support make my heavy armour and chariot killing unit. The cold one riders are used in conjunction with my Oldblood to guard flanks and make some nasty charges. Skink priest is mainly there to stump magic attacks.

I have trialed the army in a very enormous 4 way battle with Orcs and Goblins, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts. It was a standard pitched battle and the trial seemed to have went well ( I won even though my Carnosaur died) although I personally think I might change one of the Oldbloods marks from sotek to tepok. I copped a lot of nasty Orcs & Goblins magic my way which I hope to avoid if I can next time.

Feedback appreciated ^_^.

Last edited by Cyric the Mad; July 18th, 2007 at 18:50. Reason: Removed magic items and individual model costs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems like a good, combat-oriented list. i would try to find the space for a 2nd skink priest, so that you can be more dominant during the magic phase. plus that way, if one of them gets sniped out you can still have assistance with dispell dice.

i've often heard people say that, while a carnosaur is good, it often doesn't wind up being worth its points since its such a main target for your opponent to gun for. if you like it in your army or if it fits well then by all means keep it, but if you find that it keeps dying in every battle, i'd suggest switching it out for some more kroxigors, or more saurus so you have more block units to fight with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could do this (below), although I would have to buy a hero on Cold One to not represent. Maybe replace the mark of Sotek for Tepok on the Old blood for some decent magical defence, but other than that it may work well. Tell me what you think.

Nightmare of The Alleviator2000 Pts - Lizardmen Army

1 * Saurus Oldblood @ 326 Pts
    General; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Itzl; Quetzl; Sotek
    Aura of Quetzl
    Blade of Revered Tzunki

1 Cold One

1 * Saurus Scar-Veteran @ 163 Pts
    Sword of Striking

1 Skink Priest @ 125 Pts
    Dispel Scroll

1 Skink Priest @ 135 Pts
    Diadem of Power

19 Saurus Warriors @ 270 Pts

1 Champion

13 Skink Skirmishers
    Blowpipe

14 Skink Skirmishers
    Blowpipe

3 Kroxigors
    Great Weapon

8 Cold One

3 Salamander Hunting Packs

9 Skink Handlers

4 Terradons
    Javelin

Casting Pool: 6

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 78

Total Army Cost: 2000

I added a skink to each skin unit, 1 Terradon, 1 Skink Priest with Dispel Scroll, and mounted my Old Blood on a Cold One.

Cheers,

Panda
    Last edited by Cyric the Mad; July 18th, 2007 at 18:55. Reason: Removed magic items and individual model costs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I would suggest that you drop the Blade of Revered Tzunki and the great weapon from the Old Blood and instead get a shield and spear, the Aura of Quetzl is not really necisary in my opinion but if you really think you need it then so be it.

The scar veteran really should have Tepok but Sotek instead, he also shouldn't have the sword of striking as he already has a great weapon.

I would suggest (key worduggest) that you drop one of the skink priests and move the other skink priest too lv 2 (i assume you aren't hell bent on getting an offensive magic phase as you passed on the Mage Priest).

With you extra hero slot opened up by the dropped preist I suggest you add a Scar Veteran to act as the armies battle standard bearer (you could either give him the Sword of the Hornet or a magic banner, your choice. Spawnings don't really matter, tepok would be nice).

Is a champion really neccisary in a saurus unit? I don't think so but it's only 12 points so feel free to do what you want.

I suggest you make your skink units have 10 in each.

There is a long debate over which is better, 3 krox or 4 krox per unit. Personally I am in the 4 krox camp (more attacks and US) but what ever you want is fine.

Saurus cavalry are good (if you want to be sneeky you could give them Huanchi's Blessed Totem to get some funky charges off at flyers or faster cavalry)

Sallies are good.

Terries are good (if you could spare the points raising the unit to 5 models and perhaps a brave would be good).

Remember all of these things are suggestions don't change your army if you don't want to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies ^_^,

Kroxigor, cheers for the suggestions ^_^. I have mucked around with it a tad and seen what I can produce. The main problem I see with it is that my dispel pool is at 4 and without the skink priest with the diadem of power i can't bump it to 6, thus leaving me open to uber magic armies, such as the 8 power dice orcs and goblins army I am probably also facing this saturday, and no dispel scrolls in sight.

I gave my other scar vet the battle standard and the jaguar standard so the cold ones will never be outrun, although i'm thinking of switching it up and giving it to my saurus block and dropping the jaguar charm.

I have about 50pnts to spare, tell me what you reckon.

Nightmare of The Alleviator2000 Pts - Lizardmen Army

1 Saurus Oldblood @ 453 Pts
    General; Light Armour; Itzl; Quetzl; Sotek
    Aura of Quetzl
    Enchanted Shield
    Venom of Firefly Frog

1 Carnosaur

1 * Saurus Scar-Veteran @ 133 Pts

1 Saurus Scar-Veteran @ 185 Pts
    Light Armour; Battle Standard; Tepok; Itzl
    Jaguar Standard
    1 Cold One

12 Skink Skirmishers
    Blowpipe

12 Skink Skirmishers
    Blowpipe

20 Saurus Warriors @ 258 Pts

3 Kroxigors @ 174 Pts
    Great Weapon

8 Cold One

3 Terradons
    Javelin

3 Salamander Hunting Packs

9 Skink Handlers

Casting Pool: 2

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 73

Total Army Cost: 1957

Cheers,

Panda
    Last edited by Cyric the Mad; July 18th, 2007 at 18:57. Reason: Removed magic items and individual model costs

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

--Moved to Army List Subforum--

I've moved your thread to the appropriate forum and edited your list to remove the costs of individual models and upgrades. PLEASE read the army list rules before posting any further lists - and please use the Army List Subforums in the future.

Rules may be found here:
    Army List Posting Rules

Thanks.
    Last edited by Cyric the Mad; July 18th, 2007 at 19:04.

+ Reply to Thread