Help against Ogre Kingdoms! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    In your face, up my butt, and around the corner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help against Ogre Kingdoms!

Please give me some advice against Ogre Kingdoms!

That's me when I have too much coffee in the morning. Watch out!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Something to work with might help. What do you have in your army? what Ogre composition are you facing? Points levels stuff like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my army list:
    16 Saurus (Sacred host Quetzl), Musician, Standard Bearer, Spawning Champ
    2x 12 Skinks blowpipes & shields, (Sacred host Quetzl) Brave
    8 Saurus Cavalry, Musician, Standard Bearer, Spawning Champ
    3 Terradons
    Ogres Army List:
    1 Ogre Tyrant
    2 units 6 Ogre Bulls, 1 Bellower
    1 unit 20 Gnoblars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Wel your saurus should be able to eat their way throung the gnoblars no problem. As for the bulls, your best bet may be to set up counter charges. Let him charge you, your unit will probably die, but then if you get in a flank charge with your saurus they should be able to do well.
    Your saurus Cav should be able to hit hard too, and with a greater charge range they should be ok to charge the ogres.
    Make the most of poisoned skinks, run them around the ogre units shooting at them. Ogres are not very well armoured so poison should get you a few kills.
    Terradons will be good for march blocking and rear charges when the ogres are getting stuck in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the Tyrant? What's the best way of getting around him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Well if the ogre player is smart he will be in a bull unit. Then when you fnalk, just make sure you are out of combat with him.
    If the tryant is alone, make him the top priority for your poisoned weapons. Remember the lone tyrant only has a 90 degree LoS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few things, as I often play against Ogres...

1. You can't have blowpipes with shields.... You can, and You should have blowpipes.
    2. Who is Your General? You must have an army general...
    3. Forget Quetzl, if You are not using it because of fluff... A normal Ogre with big weapon (maneater, gut) has Str6, so You can't count on your armour. Even the Gut's have a rule of their clubs, to give You -2 armour altogether.
    4. All Ogres have a move of 6, so he will be the one to charge you, and even charge your skinks if he can see them.
    5. Use a saurus hero with Sword of Hornet, so You can hit first, and probably kill the softened up (did I say, shoot'em with the skinks?) guys before they can swing their clubs at You.
    6. Never forget, They have a 6+ (max 5+) armour save, so if You wound with poison, it will probably wound also.
    7. Why terradons? If I go against Ogres, I use chameleon skinks, for a number of reasons:
    a. They stop the Ogre's march.
    b. Even 4-5 chameleon skinks can kill an Ogre outright, with 3 6's out of 8-10 shots if You have luck. I usually have 6 chameleon skinks in a bunch, it means 12 shots per round, and they worth their points in gold.
    8. Never forget their fear! Even if You want to stand and shoot with Your skinkies, You will have a great chance to run away in fear... Ld5 is Ld5. Keep Your general close, and don't forget, that fear can auto-break You if You lose close combat, and their numbers are greater...

If You tell us a number of points You'd like to play against the Ogres, maybe we can help some more with the army building.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

get more skinks and drop the shields. He only has 3-4 units to deal with (ie, he doesn't know how to play ogres IMO) All you have to do is set up a screen (or 2) shoot with the skinks from 10-12 inches. Flee when he charges. Flank charge with your saurus cav. Personally, I don't see how he gets a tyrant into the list to begin with. You guys can't be playing with more than 1000pts. March block with the terradons.
    If you really want to get nasty, get some Kroxigors - they'll tear through anything he may have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the sound of it, Ogres are pretty fin tough. I think a good idea would be to find out the initiative. If it is 1, I can temporarily play Sacred host Tzunki for the I bonus and charge them first (possibly, but unlikely) and use the iniative bonus to kill most of them off (hopefully) before they attack back. Cav I'm hearing is good against Ogres because they have a longer charge and can charge first, therfore not having any Bull Charge impact hits. I also need to decide on a general because I don't know what to get. I also think a unit of 6 Kroxigors would be good to counter the Ogre unit. Thanks for all the advice. Ogres, prepare to meet your destroyer thingy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

What about a scar vet with piranha blade and either give him a bane head or make him a JSoD (bane head will mean you do 4 wounds on tyrant and 2 on others per failed armour save but JSoD means he will get the charge and cause 2 wounds per failed save).

+ Reply to Thread