magic and the slann - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

magic and the slann

I want everyones opinion on witch lore you guys think are best with the slann and why not to mention i have a question about the flaming sword of rhuin.
    so here it is. The slann rule contemplation says hell never fight.so what happens if my slann gets the sword spell considering it says the wizard is the one with the flaming sword(ominous chant)so what happens he cant attack hes getting a migraine from the old ones
    and as for my first ting my opinion is the lore of death because i fight elves and there a pain in the ass to break so i like the fear spell to add pressure to my hits

1:find what makes him tick
    2:stop the ticking

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The skink attendant does the fighting with the Flaming Sword of Rhuin if you read everything about the Slann, works with bears anger too. Nothing like some smack down from a fiesty skink attendant.

Anyways onto Lores, I think Stonehambrey was writing a comprehensive guide but for me what lores I use is totally decided by myopponent.

High Elves- lots of d6 str 4 magic missiles. The basic spell from the lores unless I roll something useful. This is to maximise the use of the free powerdice being a 2nd gen on every spell he casts, so he basically casts 5 spells and uses 5 extra free power dice. Str4 missiles also work nicely against T3 Elves.

For Gobbos and Orcs I use some fire spells, wall of fire and the 2 magic missiles are great for causing panic checks or slowing the orcs down. Not had much experience with my Slann against the Orcs and Goblin armies.

Dwarfs are one of my main opponents and I always go for lore of metal and lore of shadow. Rule of burning Iron and Spirit of the Forge are massively destructive and pit of shades makes a mockery of dwarf blocks. Steed of Shadows combined with a Jaguar Saurus of Doom also equals a first turn charge on war machines such as organ guns. Creeping Death also works well and Unseen Lurker is one of the best spells in all the lores.

I use Metal and Fire on Chaos armies, magic missiles nice for negating daemonic ward saves and spirit of the forge usually decimates chaos chosen knights in one turn and cripples units of warriors.

I will be playing a Skaven army this wednesday that has a vast amount of dispel dice. I have played against it previously using the 2skinks anti magic combo but I dont know how my Slann will fare so I may not use him.

Hope that my choices and the reasoning behind them will give you some ideas to think about, the important thing is that a Slann gives you the flexibility to choose which lores and different spells from different Lores so you must use this advantage to choose the best Lore (s) base on your opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

As Kich stated, there is never a "right" lore to choose ahead of the game. The beauty of the Slann is how adaptable his magic is. Look at who your opponent is and adjust accordingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I agree that there is no all powerful lore that you should get above all others (since 6th ed that is, I mis good old OP heavens and life) but my favorites are Metal, Life, Fire and Heavens (notice that these all have exellent no. 1 spells as back up for redundant and useless other ones, this is the first critera I look for in a Lore).

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I like metal, fire and shadow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the question was more on which you prefere and why, not which is the better lore . I like what kichang wrote since i face alot of orcs and high elves. What about the lore of life i mean that lore seems a little too circomstancial iunno how to spell that. but yea also its to help give me and hopefully other ppl ideas on how to incorporate their slann in there army.
    1:find what makes him tick
    2:stop the ticking

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

The lore of life is excellent. It's a great one to take against gunlines. The howler wind is an awesome spell. Stops those handguns and crossbows in their tracks. Rain Lord is also pretty nasty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quite like pure magic missiles vs gunlines, usually the units are small and it doesnt take much for force multiple panics.

Also lore of shadow is quite nice for gunlines, hope for steed of shadows and unseen lurker. You use both these spells to get 1st and 2nd turn charges if your opponent cant deny you them. Cold One Riders, Unseen Lurker then use Huanchi's Blessed Totem when you are 1-2 inches away to deny stand and shoot. Deadly if it works but you can leave your saurus cavalry exposed if its dispelled, scrolled or failed to cast.

I always take steed of shadows and use it with my scar vet vs empire and dwarfs, its fun charging so early and killing those pesky war machines.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

Hunchai's blessed totem must be activated at the beginning of the magic phase. So you cannot activate it after you've cast Unseen Lurker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arr foiled in so many ways!

Still, lurker can be used so effectively!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast