2000p Lizardmen Army Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000p Lizardmen Army Help

Lizardmen Army 2000 Points

Lord

Slann Mage Priest
    Second Generation
    Battle Standard Bearer
    Divine Protection
    Plaque of Tepok
    Diadem of Power

Total 585

Heroes
    1x Skink Priest
    Level 2 Wizard
    x2 Dispel Scroll

Total 150

Special
    x3 Kroxigors

Core
    16x Temple Guard
    Shields
    Revered Guardian
    Musician

Total 309

20x Saurus Warriors (1)
    Champion
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Spawn of Quetzl
    Total 300

20x Saurus Warriors (2)
    Champion
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Spawn of Quetzl
    Total 300

10x Skink Skirmishers (1)

10x Skink Skirmishers (2)

10x Skink Skirmishers (3)

Grand Total

Power Dice: 8
    Dispel Dice: 5 (2 Scrolls)

Current thoughts: Is 5 dispel dice enough for a magic centric army like this? Is Quetzl the best standard spawning? Should I stick with temple guard or switch to all saurus with 1-2 spawnings? I'm also worried about flanking.

Any criticism would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by gingerninja; November 8th, 2007 at 17:31. Reason: Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's against forum rules to place a point price for every single item or upgrade so if you could edit your post and remove them

As for the old model skinks, I use them too and my opponents don't mind as they know how expensive models can be, but in a tournament they might complain about it.

Skink priest can't have the blessing of Tepok, only the blessing of the Old Ones and Sotek. (Unless you're using the Sacred Host rules on the GW site)

You can't use 2 krox in a unit, minimal is 3. Also don't take the ancient as it's a waste of points.

+1 arm blessing? Don't know what you mean by that but you could drop the spears and take a blessing. Personally I don't like spears of saurus, think the points could be used better like blessings .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kremk View Post
    It's against forum rules to place a point price for every single item or upgrade so if you could edit your post and remove them

As for the old model skinks, I use them too and my opponents don't mind as they know how expensive models can be, but in a tournament they might complain about it.

Skink priest can't have the blessing of Tepok, only the blessing of the Old Ones and Sotek. (Unless you're using the Sacred Host rules on the GW site)

You can't use 2 krox in a unit, minimal is 3. Also don't take the ancient as it's a waste of points.

+1 arm blessing? Don't know what you mean by that but you could drop the spears and take a blessing. Personally I don't like spears of saurus, think the points could be used better like blessings .
    OK I took out the subtotals in compliance with forum rules. I mixed sotek up with tepok on the priest, so that's been dropped. Also combined the 2 Kroxigors into 4. I also noticed I was paying for spears on my musicians and bearers so those have been removed as well. What I meant by "+1 arm blessing" was spawn of Quetzl. I'd like to know why you don't think spears are a good choice for saurus. That leaves me with 27 spare points and one less dispel die, any suggestions?

Edit: As far as the skinks with bows, I bought them over normal skinks mainly because I thought they looked cooler. I figured since there was no mention of bows anywhere in the lizzy book that they could represent blow pipes. It's really not that hard to imagine poisoned arrows after all.
    Last edited by TetrisHermit; November 7th, 2007 at 07:41.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

If you are worried about dispel dice, then you could put blessed spawning of Tepok on both units of Saurus, that will give you an extra 2 dice in the dispel phase that you can carry through into the casting phase w/ diadem. I am inclined to agree with Kremk about the spears but I would still give them to one unit, that should give you the points for the 2 additional blessings.

As for the spears the are expensive and normally win in round 1, with charge. I still like them though

Can you get more skinks in as scouts to try and take out warmachines early or maybe some terradons or salamanders.
    Dropping 2 saurus from each unit then fielding them 6x3, also dropping the champ from the spear unit should make some space for some of these changes.

My experience with a list like this is that it is very difficult not to be outflanked.

I am sure that you will be fine with the bows though, like you say you can't actually take bows anymore You do need to pay for spears on standards and musicians, unfortunately they must be armed the same as everybody else.

Good luck
    Al
    Last edited by Allonairre; November 7th, 2007 at 08:02. Reason: Why spears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I think I'm going to drop spears on both groups to free up 99 points. With that I can take two 30 point blessing on my saurus blocks and upgrade my preist to lvl 2. Which blessing is best for basic saurus? I'm torn between chotek, quetzl, and sotek. Also, I miscounted my dispel dice and only have 5 which doesn't seem like a lot. And finally, how does the +1 to dispel results on the slann work with the rest of my dispel dice? Can I say have 1 die from the slann and 1 from my skink and get the +1?
    Last edited by TetrisHermit; November 7th, 2007 at 12:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You got 6 dispel dice, 2 basic +2 from Slann +1 from Skink priest +1 from magic item. Also any dice stored in the diadem can be used to dispel also.
    And the skink has 2 Dispel Scrolls so I think you're pretty solid against magic unless it's a magic heavy list against you but even that will barely hurt then.

The +1 to cast & dispel works as follows, let's say you're slann casts a Fireball. He uses 1 Power dice. Then he gets an other free dice (not one from your power dice pool). You roll both dice and add it together, so let's say you rolled 3 and 6 which gives 9. Then ontop of that you get a +1 to cast so that makes 10 => spell cast!
    Dispel works kinda the same, let's say you want to dispel a spell with 3 dice, roll, add the scores together, add the +1 to dispel. So basically it's xd6+1, where x is the number of dice rolled. (Note that you don't get an extra free dice for dispelling)

The blessings... if you fight a lot of fear/terror causing opponents then Tlazcotl is the one you might wanne take. No auto break if outnumbered by fear causing enemy (oke snake eyes could save you but don't count on that).

Handweapon+shield+Quetzl gives a nice 3+ armour save in CC. Well guess it kinda explains itself. You could see it as a light armour upgrade, which costs per model about the same.

Chotek and Sotek I'm not a fan off but could potentially work really nice. I'm mostly unlucky that I don't get to charge as my regular opponents move further then me, so Sotek would be wasted most of the time.
    Chotek... well it could be handy... if they flee and rally afterward I'll charge them again!

Tepok is a nice blessing if you are low on DD but in this list I think you got enough dispel.
    You can make a nice list without slanns and skink priests but with Tepok blessings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get rid of the spears with sw, with the points boost up your skinks, consider removing a kroxigor or slann items for additional points
    on the whole a nice list !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks to some advice from a friend, I'm gonna drop down to 3 kroxigor and add 10 more skinks. He made a good point that 3 kroxigor bases cover a full rank of 5 and any more than 3 would just dangle and be forced to wheel. I'm gonna update my list to show all the changes so far.

Edit: I see desh's advice is similar lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're forgetting corner to corner fighting... that way there could be 4 Krox's against 5 enemy trooper models...

But dropping one to free up some points is a possibility. But they will lack the power to take on a rank-and-file unit so they should be used with an other unit, so one can flank. Or try to get them against cavalry and chop straight through their armour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kremk View Post
    I think you're forgetting corner to corner fighting... that way there could be 4 Krox's against 5 enemy trooper models...

But dropping one to free up some points is a possibility. But they will lack the power to take on a rank-and-file unit so they should be used with an other unit, so one can flank. Or try to get them against cavalry and chop straight through their armour.
    Yeah thats exactly what I plan on using the kroxigors for. I'm going to be facing a lot of knights and chariots so I'm really looking ways to guard or deny my flanks. What I'm working on now is fitting in a JSOD. Perhaps dropping the kroxigor and the spawnings and adding a scar vet with great wep, jag, and chotek.

+ Reply to Thread