I Also Have Some Lizardmen Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all. Ive begun the starting of my Lizardmen army with a box of skinks and saurus w/ skink priest. Im thinking about a red skin color, and codex grey scales on back, dunno bout shields yet. But, i have some questions that i need help on.

(1) Saurus: I heard they you always should bring a minimum of 20.. Is this so?

(2) Saurus: On my current squad of 16, i have 13 saurus w/ hand weapons/shields, musician, standard bearer and champion. A fellow player at my GW store tells me with the leadership of 8 and coldblooded, i really dont need to spend the 6 points for the musician. What do you think?

(3) Skinks: Blowpipes/hand weapon or javelins/shield. In my 1000 point army, i think im gonna have a block of 20 saurus and 3 kroxigors and 30 skinks. I was wondering, how many skinks i should allocate for screen of kroxigors and/or saurus and how many for skirmishers/scout and what to give each. Can you help?

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

(1) Saurus: I heard they you always should bring a minimum of 20.. Is this so?
    Well, depends on how many points you are playing, but they should be 20+ in games of 1500+.

(2) Saurus: On my current squad of 16, i have 13 saurus w/ hand weapons/shields, musician, standard bearer and champion. A fellow player at my GW store tells me with the leadership of 8 and coldblooded, i really dont need to spend the 6 points for the musician. What do you think?
    I would say that it's always a good thing to have a musician, they still can start running away from a battle even that they got cold blooded

3) Skinks: Blowpipes/hand weapon or javelins/shield. In my 1000 point army, i think im gonna have a block of 20 saurus and 3 kroxigors and 30 skinks. I was wondering, how many skinks i should allocate for screen of kroxigors and/or saurus and how many for skirmishers/scout and what to give each. Can you help?
    I would say that their equipment should be chosen after their combat role, but generally it's only skinks with the scout option that should use blowpipes.
    And for the regiment sizes, a skirmish screen regiment should be 10 - 15 skinks. For a scout regiment 10 is a good size as they should be a little more manouverble than the screens.
    "As I walk through the valley of LO I fear no spammer, because I got the power to ban"

Of Trui and Gay

A Chaos Space Marines Diary

Svenska Rackham Sidan

troopseses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Continued....

(1) Im playing 1000 points tops. I think ill bring just 1 squad of 20 saurus.

(2) Ill keep the musician.

(3) In 1000, how many skinks should i allocate as screen. I have 30. Ill take your advice on the javelin/shield for screen and blowpipes/hand weapon for scouts.

Thanks man.

Closed Thread