Jsod usage - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jsod usage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jsod usage

I've been playing 1k games lately and I don't understand how to use my JSOD effectively. I'm afraid of moving him too far from my army but he always ends up dying anyway. Once he's dead my army starts to have trouble passing break tests. Any suggestions?

Scar Vet - Jaguar, GW, Armour and Shield
    20 Saurus Quetzl/CMD
    10 Skinks
    10 Skinks
    4 Kroxigors
    1 Stegadon

Skink screen, saurus in the middle with kroxies and Stegadon on each flank. Jsod is usually placed between the kroxigors and the saurus.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that will help is placing your JSoD in the unit of saurus. This keeps him alive and gives him the chance to charge out of the unit for a surprise attack on a chariot or other juicy target.;Y This also fixes the problem of getting too far from the rest of your army. Also, since he has a GW he cant use a shield, so replace that with light armor, and if you have the points consider a sacred spawning, I would suggest Quetzl and/or Sotek.

I hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only problem with that is I need matching spawnings to join the unit. To do that I'd have to drop 1 saurus and my light armour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you drop one saurus and take off the musician upgrade, you should have the points to give him Quetzl. If you do this, you will still have the third rank bonus and a musician is really only useful for saurus if combat is a draw, since they will practically always rally at Ld 8 with coldblooded. IMHO I think its worth it to get your JSoD in the unit, especially since you will have a much better chance to win combat with him there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you could afford to have a lot smaller unit of saurus at 1000pts. If you use five man lines, consider dropping it down to 15 saurus to get a few more options into your army such as spawnings. Other possibilities include magic gear or a sacred host list.

And I disagree about dropping the shield. Sometimes the JSoD may get shot or you may want to have that extra armor instead of using your great weapon in close combat. You choose which weapon he uses after all. Another possibility is to throw him into a skink unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What exactly is a JSod?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Take a Skink instead. Cheaper, inocuous, plenty enough for 1000 points.
    Skink Chieftan, Jaguar, Sword of might, Enchanted shield, Light armour, Sotek.
    I love my little Skinky man (as I call him).
    You need more skinks and less Kroxigor too.
    Up, up and away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaguar saurus of doom maybe?
    I don't know exactly...

The one i use is a:
    scar veteran
    spawn of sotek and quetzl
    magic sword +1 hit
    charm of the jaguar.

I really prefer to hit on 2s than to have S7, so that against rank and file i can both hit and wound on 2s and the opponent has -2 to As. That seems pretty good to me.

I usually field him in a rare saurus unit (spawnings) and let him out only when i am in charge range; so that in the same turn sauri charge, while the jsod leap around and take the rear.
    Then in the next turn the jsod charges the unit in the rear or engages a flanking unit to prevent their countercharge on the sauri.

Obviously, if the enemy has got much shooting, the jsod is forced to charge directly out of the saurus unit and so its usage is much less interesting...

bye!
    It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

+ Reply to Thread